Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Another accident  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Another accident
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
Quote from: "Rat"
Hi there everyone, it is Rat, and the reports are true that I joined the list of flying off the Franchoek Pass.
It must be because John Carr taugh me to ride so well and you know how you follow instructors, but jokes aside, firstly a very big thankyou to the 4x4 club who watched the accident unfold and came to my rescue, and how grateful you are to have people like this so close to. Then the next day to get a visit well just topped it, well done all of you who had a hand in my recovery.
Now I can tell you that its true it all happens so so so quickly, as the last thing I remember was looking up at some snow and then realising that I was not going to make that bend, so I dropped it on the left side but too late as we went striaght off the side. I think I was knocked out when I put it down as  don't remember the flight and when they got to me at the bottom I had taken my helet off and gloves.
Now surprise surprise as I have not broken anything except for some teeth , but I'm really in a lot of pain, so no doubt I have a fairly long recovery ahead of me. When I have some photo's I will post them but AI have seen the bike and it is a write-off, but strangely only the left side has bad damage with the front totalled and front forks have burst open.
The last thing I must say that I have been riped off by the tow company in Paarl and am going to take this to cosumer watch as these vultures cannot lie to family members and then charge what they want.

Just damn good to know you are relatively OK.  

Years ago (like a lot) I slid into a central concrete reserve in a corner, despite smashed ankle, collar bone, fractured skull etc, I wanted to smack those who tried to help because they wouldn,t give me my bike back.

Welsh   :oops:  :oops: 8)  8)
An aspiring Coddiwompler

Offline CrazyPorra

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • The Mutton Man
Another accident
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 01:54:19 pm »
Get well soon, bikes can always be replaced.

The last thing I must say that I have been riped off by the tow company in Paarl and am going to take this to cosumer watch as these vultures cannot lie to family members and then charge what they want.

Oh yes our true a beloved vultures of the black tar, mate of mine was rushed close to 4K to have is bike taken to a yard not further than 25km away from the accident site, now work it out half an hour max to load bike onto vulture truck and another half an hour for drive to vulture yard and maybe R20.00 rant for petrol 'cause V8 in vulture truck has been souped up and is thirsty. Umh that works out to +R3500.00 / hour, even if vulture only as one meal a day he can still make R3500.00 in a day, I'm in the wrong line of bussiness.

Offline mountainboy

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • I vespa, therefore I am, well, almost....
Another accident
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 02:10:34 pm »
Quote from: CrazyPorra
Get well soon, bikes can always be replaced.

charge what they want.

Oh yes our true a beloved vultures of the black tar, mate of mine was rushed close to 4K to have is bike taken to a yard not further than 25km away from the accident site, now work it out half an hour max to load bike onto vulture truck and another half an hour for drive to vulture yard and maybe R20.00 rant for petrol 'cause V8 in vulture truck has been souped up and is thirsty. Umh that works out to +R3500.00 / hour, even if vulture only as one meal a day he can still make R3500.00 in a day, I'm in the wrong line of bussiness.

Just had my bike picked up by BMW about 18km away from their workshop and to my surprise,saw that they charged R1700 for the trip when they submitted my repair quote.I also noticed that they grossly overcharged items that I know is about half the price over the counter.But I suppose because insurance is paying they will take that chance.

Rat -get well soon buddy.Glad you still able to join for us rides  :wink:
I love my bike..................