Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: shipping crate availabe soon  (Read 876 times)

Offline Camino Cerdo

shipping crate availabe soon
« on: August 13, 2011, 08:47:57 pm »

Anyone slightly mad and thinking about traveling the world. I Will have a shipping crate available around mid November if anyone is looking to ship a bike out of SA.  Will make it out of thin wall square tube as I have never found a place that had "certified" wood that some countries require.  Will be set to fit BMW 1200 GSA but could be adapted to others.  Takes a bit of work to put these together and I just hate to throw them away.  Picture of the one I made for the Buell at http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode/2008_12.php
Looks like we will fly bike into Johannesburg, but this may change.   
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather a slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride"

Offline Metaljockey

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Dodgy S.O.B.
Re: shipping crate availabe soon
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 12:15:52 pm »
Hi, I am going to need one at about the same time. Please keep in contact.

Offline Chuck U Farley

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • What the Chuck, Farley?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:28:39 pm »
Hi, I am going to need one at about the same time. Please keep in contact.

Let's start a Wilddog poll on what your next adventure will be! Hard to imagine there's anything you haven't conquered yet! :biggrin:
go BIG or go home

Offline ratrap

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 12:35:15 pm »

Anyone slightly mad and thinking about traveling the world. I Will have a shipping crate available around mid November if anyone is looking to ship a bike out of SA.  Will make it out of thin wall square tube as I have never found a place that had "certified" wood that some countries require.  Will be set to fit BMW 1200 GSA but could be adapted to others.  Takes a bit of work to put these together and I just hate to throw them away.  Picture of the one I made for the Buell at http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode/2008_12.php
Looks like we will fly bike into Johannesburg, but this may change.   

I can help you with certified timber for export.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

Offline Oros

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Triple Black is the new Orange
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 08:11:22 pm »
I have a buddie who will buy them from you if you want to sell.
Kawasaki KDX 175, Honda CR 250R, Yamaha XT 250, Honda CRF 450, Honda XR 600, Honda XRV 750, Honda Varadero 1000, KTM 950S, KTM 950 Super Enduro, KTM 990R, BMW GS 1200

Offline Camino Cerdo

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:07:30 am »
MetalJockey

It is yours if you can use it, as I will ride north and will ship out of Europe in a few of years.  I may need to have you pick it up at shipping point when I pick up bike.  Many details to work out, will keep you posted as the pieces fall in place.  :ricky:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather a slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride"

Offline Metaljockey

• Race Dog
  • Dodgy S.O.B.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:14:50 am »
Ok, no problem. Thank you for the offer.

Offline Metaljockey

• Race Dog
  • Dodgy S.O.B.
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:10 pm »
Ok, I won't need the crate anymore.

Available again?

Offline Firesquirrel

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »
I have loads of space in my store..... so I am willing to go pick it up ( OR Tambo I assume ) and keep it untill some WD needs it... what says you ?
Current Bikes :  KTM 690

Offline Camino Cerdo

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 06:56:06 am »
DoDo
  Sounds like you have a good idea if no one else jumps in.  Plan to arrive in Johannesburg on the 22 of Nov.  Will keep you posted.
Bob

Offline tau

• hasbeen and a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Tool from Tulbagh
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:50:25 am »
I have loads of space in my store..... so I am willing to go pick it up ( OR Tambo I assume ) and keep it untill some WD needs it... what says you ?

Depending on size I can use it for the Rallye bike next year ( hopefully) :thumleft: