Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: No2Tolls  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Re: No2Tolls
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:25 pm »
"the horse has bolted" .......

Me thinks it is time for the horse to come back and kick him in the arse.

Any takers for the NoHighwayFriday idea?

good idea - my only concern is that if all cagers took alternative routes, they would probably be so frustrated by the hassle of it, that they could think that paying tolls is worth not to have this hassle........

Offline man0war

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »
our logo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

comments welcome

thanks to xsniper for design of logo.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:22:31 pm by man0war »

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 05:40:22 pm »
our logo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

comments welcome

thanks to xsniper for design of logo.

I know I voted for this logo, but looking at it again, it looks like a cracked tar road going through the logo?

I'm just concerned that it could be interpreted as "No Toll and you'll have stuffed roads, so best you accept tolls"

Others thoughts??

Offline man0war

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
it's julias and other politicians' crack that we are showing. :-)

Offline man0war

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2011, 05:49:51 pm »
so far, from people i have shown it to, they love it. Let's see what comments we get from ALL, then make a final call on it

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »
so far, from people i have shown it to, they love it. Let's see what comments we get from ALL, then make a final call on it

my GF chose No 1 - womens perspective

Offline man0war

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »
no 1 is cool, but not that easy to identify on a bumper sticker though.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2011, 05:57:17 pm »
no 1 is cool, but not that easy to identify on a bumper sticker though.

if No 1, then the words "Urban Tolls" should be moved to the front, i.e. the "NO" sign should be behind the text - are we not adding our web address, even in small letters?

Offline man0war

« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2011, 06:04:29 pm »
not on the logo itself. When we do things like flyers, stickers, etc, we will add the web address. When the logo is in electronic format we will have a hyperlink on the logo to the web site also. Problem is that when adding the web address to the logo, depending on the size of the logo for the application it is used for, the web address may or may not be legible.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:06:54 pm by man0war »

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »
The no part of the logo is not really very visible.

For me it reads Urban Tolls.

If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125

Offline Tweets

• Shop Mods
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Centurion
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2011, 08:57:02 pm »
Where is the web address ??  We have to have that bold and easily readable so anyone can see where to go, to get more info
Borrow money from pessimists - they dont expect it back
Current bikes : 1200GS, 800GS, 400XT

Offline tasmanian devil

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »
Can you image the effect on the cost of living increase for the average joe soap on the street.

Offline man0war

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:48 pm »
Where is the web address ??  We have to have that bold and easily readable so anyone can see where to go, to get more info
not on the logo itself. When we do things like flyers, stickers, etc, we will add the web address. When the logo is in electronic format we will have a hyperlink on the logo to the web site also. Problem is that when adding the web address to the logo, depending on the size of the logo for the application it is used for, the web address may or may not be legible.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:12 pm »
I see this has not been made a Sticky as yet.... does that mean most Dawgs don't really give a shite about the topic?

Offline man0war

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:57 am »
kinda looks that way

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2011, 11:24:11 am »
Here is a more comprehensive report on what the ass had to say:
http://www.timeslive.co.za/politics/2011/08/19/state-firm-on-gauteng-tolls

Minister of Transport Sibusiso Ndebele and his energy counterpart, Dipuo Peters, came out with guns blazing against the public's resistance to the Gauteng tolls approved by the cabinet last week.

He said motorists had no option but to pay.

Peters said those rejecting the tolls were the worst of people who spent their money on "comforts" and not on essential services such as electricity.

"People buy cellphones, they pay for airtime, but when it comes to water, electricity and transport, people complain about the user-pays principle, knowing quite well that we need resources to maintain and operate this infrastructure," said Peters.

"It seems that there's a challenge here. People are prepared to pay for the comforts but are not prepared to pay for service delivery that is going to make it possible to improve their lives," he said.

Ndebele said the tolling of Gauteng's highways was now irreversible and motorists must pay.

The government would not budge.

"Freeways are not free. It's a done deal; it's a horse that has bolted and you can't roll it away; there isn't any other thing [but] to pay," he said.

Ndebele said the SA National Roads Agency had taken a massive R20-billion loan to finance improvements to the Gauteng freeway network - and that money had to be repaid.

"It's done; it's a R20-billion loan. It is time now for repayment. We cannot as a government do anything about that," he said.

The tolls approved by the cabinet had been revised because of the public outcry.

Commuter taxis and buses will be exempted from tolls.

The toll for motorcyclists has been reduced from 29c/km to 24c/km, and for cars from 49.5c/km to 40c/km. Non-commuter minibuses will pay R1/km, a drop of 49c/km.

Sensors installed on highways will record the licence plates of cars and drivers can expect to be sent a bill at the end of each month.

Deputy Transport Minister Jeremy Cronin said last week that motorists could buy pre-paid electronic tags at a discount.

The reduction of the tolls had not gone far enough, according to critics such as trade union federation Cosatu, business lobby group Busa and the Automobile Association, which all warned of the ripple effect of the tolls on the economy.

The tolls were first announced in February but were put on hold until after May's local government elections. They were set by the SA National Roads Agency.

Cosatu said last week that "the freeway tolls would impose a huge additional burden on road users while generating huge profits for those who have installed and will be running this R20-billion system".

Ndebele said the government had done all it could to make the tolls affordable.

The cabinet had "bent over backwards" on the tolls to minimise their effect on ordinary commuters.

Evidence of this was the exemption of commuter taxis and buses, he said.

■Peters announced that her department would be pushing the government's crime-prevention and security cluster to categorise cable theft as a serious economic offence that amounted to sabotage.
"We need to make copper-cable theft a serious economic offence . it is socio-economic and political sabotage.

"A person who steals copper, who steals the cable, is a murderer, a thief and a saboteur because, without telecommunications and electricity, all the necessary services can come to a halt.

"An example is what happened with the Gautrain," she said.

The Gautrain service between Pretoria, Hatfield and Centurion was recently brought to a standstill by cable theft.

The energy minister said that the direct cost of cable theft to the economy was estimated to be R100-million a year.

Offline xsniper

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2011, 11:39:47 am »
here is a image without the white background

I have started the website and for now it will be a simple one with info on it. I will be taking a few weeks to build the final one.

For those that are concerned about the web address not being in the logo, dont be. It will be added when needed. The objective of the logo is to create a brand that can be used on any platform. THe web address is an add on we can control.

The logo
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:41:30 am by xsniper »
You're only young once but there's always time to be immature.

Offline man0war

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2011, 12:49:56 pm »

Offline man0war

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2011, 05:01:58 pm »
there is a voting system on the facebook page, so please go there and vote

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »
So the government says we just have to shut up and pay up!!!!!

How arrogant - AGAIN. or should I say STILL!

This cash cow that they are milking is fast running out of milk! What with all the proposed NHI, White Tax and who knows what else they have planned to enrich their greedy little selfs with.

They talk of corruption as if it is a drop in the ocean. So if one adds up the corruption; could the prevention of this as well as properly run finances, not have been sufficient to pay for their latest foray into world of Capitalism.

Oh forgive me great self appointed pompous dwisses - you do not believe in Capitalism. After all our country is actually run by Communists - the Trade Unions to be more correct. Yet even they can see the disatser looming with our dearest bunch of vrot bananas who make these "informed" decisions and think that thay can force it onto us!

Have we been given any idea of who gets what part of the toll? NO!

What happens to our fuel levy? I suppose it is distributed in part amongst our 'Elite". I mean after all corruption is cool, stealing is cool, raping is cool, and who sets that example? Non other than Mr (Shower prevents AIDS) Cool himself and his merry bunch of crooks that surround him.

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND SMELL THE ROSES - JOIN THE NO 2 TOLL CAMPAIGN.

TOGETHER WE CAN ACHIEVE MORE!

As our esteemed fellow "brothers and sisters" say when the are pee'd off with the government.

VIVA! NO 2 TOLL! VIVA

FLUIT FLUIT... MY STORIE IS NOG NIE UIT NIE... WATCH THIS SPOT

If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125