Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: No2Tolls  (Read 5027 times)

Provocateur

Re: No2Tolls
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 05:29:44 pm »
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Cape-Town-declares-dispute-over-toll-roads-20110816

Cape Town is on our side.  The article comments on the devastation that will occur on municipal roads for those who won't or cannot afford the toll charges.  The same will happen here - Pretorians will use either Midrand or Kyalami.  East Randers will use Black Reef road.  West Randers will use Ontdekkers.  Jhb south will use a plethora of inner city alternatives.  Will SANRAL cough up to maintain these "alternatives"??

The knock-on effect will be an increase in rates and many, many more potholes, traffic disruption and road rage.  Sommat must be done.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:31:57 pm by Provocateur »

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »
So right. The municipal roads will take more traffic causing damage to roads that have not been budgeted for to be repaired prematurely. So yes rates will increase and Govt scores because they expect municipalities to be self funding.

This is why we must fight this monster.
If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125

Offline man0war

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 09:31:28 am »
anyone in the printing industry here on the forum? we need some stickers done.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:32:16 am by man0war »

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2011, 09:34:00 am »
IF they do end up implementing the toll fee system for bikes, or lets say when they do! My i suggest a drive once a week we all get together as many of us as we can possibly get and then ride in single file one behind the other occupying and many lanes as possible, no lane splitting no riding next to each other take up as much of the road as possible.

Lets make a point that riding bikes is a time saver for us and the cagers reduces carbon cheaper on fuel, we should not have to pay Toll fees and we should not feel like we can not lane split.

Just a thought

that is certainly one of the options we are looking at.

Do it on a friday or other peak traffic times... riders should also get off their bikes, remove their helmets and slowly count their change.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:52:36 am by cloudgazer »

Offline man0war

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2011, 09:48:11 am »
Cloudgazer,

We were thinking more in the lines of getting a procession going through to the union buildings in PTA to deliver our memorandum to gov. We get a few thousand people (bikers, cagers, etc) together to drive / ride through to the union buildings at a very slow pace, closing the entire route down. This way we will get HUGE exposure in delivering our message to gov. They cannot ignore this. This will guarantee tv, radio, print media coverage. If we do it for bikers only, we will get much less support and far fewer numbers, hence the inclusion of all road users.

Plus this is quite legal if we register it as a protest drive.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:48:55 am by man0war »

Offline cloudgazer

• RPMods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
    • fontera
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2011, 09:54:29 am »
Cloudgazer,

We were thinking more in the lines of getting a procession going through to the union buildings in PTA to deliver our memorandum to gov. We get a few thousand people (bikers, cagers, etc) together to drive / ride through to the union buildings at a very slow pace, closing the entire route down. This way we will get HUGE exposure in delivering our message to gov. They cannot ignore this. This will guarantee tv, radio, print media coverage. If we do it for bikers only, we will get much less support and far fewer numbers, hence the inclusion of all road users.

Sure, but what you want are other cage drivers on your side.
So if bikers are slowing down the traffic at the toll gates - car drivers will be more than happy to support the cause.
All road users need to get in on this - not just bikers.

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2011, 09:55:28 am »
Cloudgazer,

Sure, but what you want are other cage drivers on your side.
So if bikers are slowing down the traffic at the toll gates - car drivers will be more than happy to support the cause.
All road users need to get in on this - not just bikers.
Dis wat hy se! :deal: :mwink:

Offline Stranger

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2011, 10:12:07 am »
Cloudgazer,

From a Think Bike perspective, I think it can be safely said that should you go forward with your plan, Think Bike will be there to ensure your safety via road management and junction closure.

That's the PC version anyway.  ;)

Offline man0war

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 10:24:33 am »
thank you stranger.

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 10:28:09 am »
Facebook group has grown by 500 people since yesterday - http://www.facebook.com/TOLLGATES

Offline Beebop

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 10:28:57 am »
IF they do end up implementing the toll fee system for bikes, or lets say when they do! My i suggest a drive once a week we all get together as many of us as we can possibly get and then ride in single file one behind the other occupying and many lanes as possible, no lane splitting no riding next to each other take up as much of the road as possible.

Lets make a point that riding bikes is a time saver for us and the cagers reduces carbon cheaper on fuel, we should not have to pay Toll fees and we should not feel like we can not lane split.

Just a thought

that is certainly one of the options we are looking at.

Do it on a friday or other peak traffic times... riders should also get off their bikes, remove their helmets and slowly count their change.

Open road tolls, no stopping to pay.
Besides, we want the cages on our side, slowing them down wont achieve this.

Offline Bernoulli

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05:29 am »
Subscribed

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• My business

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 04:37:56 pm »

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 04:58:35 pm »
It seems that the e-toll system and all its components have been designed by the CIA and implemented by the KGB.

I cannot find anybody that has been remotely involved with this project from a billing system/hardware/system design perspective. Either everything has been done overseas, or everybody has been sworn to secrecy or the people involved are too ashamed to admit their involvemend ?

Is there any dawgs who has been involved in this or knows somebody that has been involved with htis project.

The reason I am asking is to get some info that will hopefully make a civil disobedience campaign more effective  :pot: :biggrin:

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• My business
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »
One of my clients was involved with installation.

But do we need to torture him or just insult his Busa to get the info - I don't know. :bueller: :bueller: :bueller:

But I will certainly try to get info. If we can get breakdown of amounts allocated to whatever - we could perhaps refer back to fuel levy breakdown and look at the impact of double taxation? :peepwall:

Offline jogi_c

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 05:28:49 pm »
One of my clients was involved with installation.

But do we need to torture him or just insult his Busa to get the info - I don't know. :bueller: :bueller: :bueller:

But I will certainly try to get info. If we can get breakdown of amounts allocated to whatever - we could perhaps refer back to fuel levy breakdown and look at the impact of double taxation? :peepwall:

Good idea, but I was more looking at exploiting weaknesses in the system (every system will be based on certain assumptions, if you get a way to screw with the assumptions, you can screw with the system, hopefully)

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 05:34:22 pm »
How much they steal per litre:

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• My business
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »
Agreed with trying to find out more about system. Seems there are some issues that I am unable to recall now when last we spoke.

Somehow we need authorities to understand that milking the cash cow must now STOP!

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• My business
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 09:39:39 pm »