Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: No2Tolls  (Read 5030 times)

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
Re: No2Tolls
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2011, 09:41:50 pm »
If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125

Offline SuperDavexlv750r

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
    • My business
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2011, 09:44:11 pm »
How much they steal per litre:

Hhhmmmmm?

And we tolled further.You go you bunch of dwisses!
If you don't wings - you will never fly!

Honda XLV 750 R, Suzuki DR 650 R, Honda CBR1100xx (Blackbird), Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin, Suzuki RF 900 R, Yamaha FJ 1100, Honda CBX 1000, Suzuki GT 750, Yamaha DT 125

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2011, 10:21:12 pm »
Open road tolls, no stopping to pay.
Besides, we want the cages on our side, slowing them down wont achieve this.

+1

Guys, before people get all worked up and plan ways of "showing them", first think for a nanosecond of the possible effects of causing congestion at toll gates as some others have suggested.

Inconveniencing "cagers" (I happen to be a regular one myself) is beyond stupid. We are all road users. Let us not cut off our noses to spite our faces. I don't even want to go into the possible ramifications of causing stoppages through spiteful acts. What about medical emergencies? Police, etc not being able to reach people? People missing VERY important meetings (most high-octane professionals actually don't hang around on internet forums because their time is, like, important).

In this issue we must think as road users. Not bikers or WDs or Blou Bul supporters or lesbians or two-stroke lovers or Julias Malema supporters.

So let us do something, by all means. As long as we don't fuck other road users around. Because that would mean we behave like Cosatu baboons. And I, for one, would like to think that I've developed a few centimetres beyond that hairy stage of evolution.

Surely I am not the only one?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 10:23:23 pm by Jacko »
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »
Open road tolls, no stopping to pay.
Besides, we want the cages on our side, slowing them down wont achieve this.

+1

Guys, before people get all worked up and plan ways of "showing them", first think for a nanosecond of the possible effects of causing congestion at toll gates as some others have suggested.

Inconveniencing "cagers" (I happen to be a regular one myself) is beyond stupid. We are all road users. Let us not cut off our noses to spite our faces. I don't even want to go into the possible ramifications of causing stoppages through spiteful acts. What about medical emergencies? Police, etc not being able to reach people? People missing VERY important meetings (most high-octane professionals actually don't hang around on internet forums because their time is, like, important).

In this issue we must think as road users. Not bikers or WDs or Blou Bul supporters or lesbians or two-stroke lovers or Julias Malema supporters.

So let us do something, by all means. As long as we don't fuck other road users around. Because that would mean we behave like Cosatu baboons. And I, for one, would like to think that I've developed a few centimetres beyond that hairy stage of evolution.

Surely I am not the only one?

+1

The aim should be to UNITE motorists against the tolls.  Not divide into sub sections or start having arguments amongst ourselves.  Its through united determined, sustained action that these tolls will be defeated, nothing else.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Smoky

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 07:02:09 am »
You are not going to get a couple of thousand people to the Union Buildings to deliver a memorandom without causing some problem in the traffic!

What about the increase in the carbon footprint, or is that just another tax?

Offline man0war

• Bike: Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 08:36:48 am »
of course there will be a disruption in the traffic when taking a slow drive to union building. if we only protest without causing any disruption at all, why would they even entertain us? we need to learn from other groups that have been able to collectively change thinge laws / prices/ etc. The taxi guys are a good example. if there demands are not met, they bring the whole country to its knees. that is the only reason that they get away with so much and we pick up the bill on their behalf.

the aim here s to do what we have to (within legal boundaries) to achieve our goal - the scrapping of urban tolls

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2011, 08:43:20 am »
I just want to do everything I can to NOT pay this money. It is blatant theft.

How about us compiling a list of ideas for the ordinary motorist / motorcyclist.

I, for instance will come late for any meeting if I have  to - and travel though as many suburbs as necessary to miss the tollgates.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:45:01 am by Heimer »

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline man0war

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2011, 08:45:01 am »
Just did a quick calculation and if the reduced toll fees using an e-tag are considered, it will have the same effect as increasing the fuel price by 40% for cagers and 48% for bikes (on average)

Surprising how well many people accept this...... :eek7: ??? :o

bundu, can you do that in a matrix format for us to put on our web site?

Offline man0war

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 08:51:54 am »
we are currently building our web site, so please any ideas, thoughts, pictures, info etc that would be useful to put on the web site PLEASE PUT FORWARD.

Offline Jacko

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 09:37:19 am »
of course there will be a disruption in the traffic when taking a slow drive to union building. if we only protest without causing any disruption at all, why would they even entertain us? we need to learn from other groups that have been able to collectively change thinge laws / prices/ etc. The taxi guys are a good example. if there demands are not met, they bring the whole country to its knees. that is the only reason that they get away with so much and we pick up the bill on their behalf.

the aim here s to do what we have to (within legal boundaries) to achieve our goal - the scrapping of urban tolls

That's different. An optog or demonstration of sorts is unavoidable.

What I'm saying is: "Don't be dwise and hold up all other traffic at toll gates".

If you do a mass ride somewhere people can take alternative routes. When they are stuck behind you at a toll gate they can't. I, for one, would cease to have sympathy with a twatwaffle who disrupts my life to drive home his point - especially if I haven't been consulted in the process.

I am NOT "a biker". I am a road user who uses a bike and a car. In fact, I am a person who uses the road. So are millions of others.

Don't fuck it up for motorcyclists in general. Always keep it real.
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2011, 09:58:35 am »

That's different. An optog or demonstration of sorts is unavoidable.

What I'm saying is: "Don't be dwise and hold up all other traffic at toll gates".

If you do a mass ride somewhere people can take alternative routes. When they are stuck behind you at a toll gate they can't. I, for one, would cease to have sympathy with a twatwaffle who disrupts my life to drive home his point - especially if I haven't been consulted in the process.

I am NOT "a biker". I am a road user who uses a bike and a car. In fact, I am a person who uses the road. So are millions of others.

Don't fuck it up for motorcyclists in general. Always keep it real.

+100 
Can't agree with you more, which is why we're trying to involve as many other road user groups as possible.
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:51 am »
I think too many people think that the only way to demonstrate or get your voice heard is to follow the example of taxi drivers/unions etc. 

Which of course isnt the case.

I think we should aim for something with a bit more style.
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline man0war

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2011, 10:43:20 am »
a well published mass ride / drive is basically what we are after. by advertising it and getting word out there of planned actions, we will both afford people the opportunity to join in as well as for those who can't or don't want to join in they can avoid it by taking alternative routes.

remember this is to help all of us, not to piss us all off!!!!

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2011, 10:53:33 am »
Link works from my side.

Try again?

it's closed to guests - only for members

Offline man0war

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:42 am »
thank you Xsniper for the logo and web design, and thank you to Bluebull for hosting the web site for us. Your help is appreciated by ALL!!!

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:35 am »
Just did a quick calculation and if the reduced toll fees using an e-tag are considered, it will have the same effect as increasing the fuel price by 40% for cagers and 48% for bikes (on average)

Surprising how well many people accept this...... :eek7: ??? :o

bundu, can you do that in a matrix format for us to put on our web site?

will do

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:23 am »
thank you Xsniper for the logo and web design, and thank you to Bluebull for hosting the web site for us. Your help is appreciated by ALL!!!

when will site be up? www.no2toll.co.za

There was an interesting discussion on CNBCAfrica this morning - Truckers and rental car companies are not very happy.... AT ALL!!!

Offline thefrog

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:35 am »
Once the site is up we need to use social media to distribute - I'm thinking of Twitter, in addition to the Facebook group. I follow some of the 702 guys and other media people. I'll forward the link to them and retweet if it comes back. I suggest those who also use the service do something similar. I also think we should use a hashtag like #no2tolls.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:08:06 pm by thefrog »

Offline Bundu

• Forum Whore
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:29 am »
Once the site is up we need to use social media to distribute - I'm thinking of Twitter, not Facebrick in this instance. I follow some of the 702 guys and other media people. I'll forward the link to them and retweet if it comes back. I suggest those who also use the service do something similar. I also think we should use a hashtag like #no2tolls.

why not facebook? I see there is a group of around 5400 people there, that are begging to be told what they can do

Offline Frog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:34 am »
Not sure if this has already been suggested elsewhere?
I recon a campaign to try and stop people applying for etags and refuse to pay any fines would have the biggest impact.
The administration costs required to send out invoices, proof of use, statements etc would be astronomical. Everyone should then refuse to pay. What can they do?
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)