Botrivier to Veliersdorp via Tradouws Pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accton

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Well what do you do on a Saturday when nobody phoned to do a trip, nobody posted a trip for the weekend and your wife?s Mother is here to visit for the weekend.
I think you all know the answer, go riding, and do the Solo (Lone Ranger and your Steel Stead). Got going at about 08:00 the morning, took the Rooiels road from home, got to Rooiels at about 08:15 (no I do not ride a rocket ship with turbo boosters) I stay in Gordens Bay. Had my first coffee at the pub, got going again and took the road to Kleinmond. Passed that and got to the turn on the N2 going over the pass, hooked a right at the Veliersdorp/Botrivier turn , though Botrivier over the railroad and hooked a right onto the gravel pass (Tradouws Pass) towards Veliersdorp.

Picture22.jpg

Picture19.jpg

Picture18.jpg

Picture17.jpg

This pass takes you all the way to the bridge at the TierwaterKloof dam you can then turn left towards Grabouw or you can take a short left onto the bridge and just after the bridge you hook a left onto a Gravel road (Graymead Road) taking you towards the farms in the mountains.

I had no camera but this is from the cell phone, only four pics, because I only stopped once.