2 Nasty accidents in one day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uiltjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
On demand from SGB, I am posting this topic, so we all can pull the handbrake up a bit! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Quick story that I would like to share.

Yesterday driving down Constantia neck, I came across a newish V-Strom 650 lying in the road, not much damage, but an elderly guy was lying about 10m from the bike on the edge of the road - stone dead. He hadn't fallen 10 seconds before I got there. Nobody was even at the scene at the time. By the time I had stopped, there were about 4 people around the rider, one a doctor. He tried to revive the guy, but he was gone.

It was a strange scenario, the bike skidded only about 5m, not much damage, didn't hit anything either. The guy had no ATTGAT on, clothes torn, out of his shoes. HE HAD NO HELMET ON as he lied there. The bottom padding of a helmet was about 2m from him, but I couldn't find the helmet. I think the helmetstrap was undone. Serious damage to the face as he must've hit the tar face first.

The only conclusion I could make is that the poor guy must've had a heart attack or stroke on the bike and fell over, as he was very blue in the face and neck.

Then to top it all, after returning to Caledon, we went for Sushi in Somerset West last night, and, coming down Sir Lowry's Pass, the car in front of us knocked down a pedestrain, faceplanted, killing him instantly....... 2 corpses in one day.... not average! :cry: