14 Days of FREEzzDOM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Let me start off thanking everybody for posting their rides  :thumleft: I love reading them and the picks are awesome. Now I have to apologize because I have done 12000 km without posting  :deal: and every time I see somebody putting in the effort to post a good riding report I feel very guilty  :peepwall:  

So without too much babble here goes  :ricky:

TRIP OVERVIEW:
Pretoria to Pretoria via Eastern Free State, Eastern Cape, Western cape, Northern cape and the dirt highways of the Karoo.
14 Days - 4880 km
For this trip I got the new Garmin Zumo 660 and a set of Sena SMH10’s Bluetooth headsets.  All I can say is both products work very well and I can recommend it for sure… Thanks Runner for stocking these units at a very good price and your after sales support is amazing.  I will do business with you again any day!!

The only thing I have to get now is a better camera…  ::) sorry some of the pics are not WD standards  :-[

SOME TEAZERS

m_DSC08471.jpg

m_DSC07884.jpg

m_DSC08071.jpg

m_DSC07832.jpg

DAY 1:
As usual the trip started late, leaving only at 15:00 from Pretoria and still having to drop off a vehicle in Germiston.  I was about to ditch the trip and rather leave the following morning, but the better half persuaded me that we could at least push threw to Vrede and stay with her mom who is a housemother at the children’s home in Vrede ( if anybody want more information about helping the children’s home please just PM me)
The plan was actually to travel to Fouriesburg and stay with our friends on their farm but due to time constrains we had to settle for Vrede.  Arriving in darkness we were met by the Free State winter with temperature dropping to a freezing two degrees.

DAY 2:
The next morning we woke to a beautiful Eastern Free State chilly morning.  

m_DSC07789.jpg

It is a short hop to Fouriesburg so we only left at around 10:00, nothing much to report on the road to Fouriesburg except this little sweet spot serving great food next to the church in Warden owned by an interesting and hospitable hostess.

Church in Warden
m_DSC07801.jpg

m_DSC07802.jpg

m_DSC07807.jpg

m_DSC07812.jpg

Arriving at Fouriesburg we had to make an obvious stop at the Windmill Pub and Grill owned by Nelis Roos , there we had a quick refreshment and chat before setting of towards the farm.

m_DSC07819.jpg

Our spirits were lifted when we finally hit the dirt road leading to our friends farm, way to soon the dirt ended at the back door of their farmhouse where we enjoyed a lovely evening with good friends.

m_DSC07828-1.jpg

m_DSC07827-1.jpg

m_DSC07826.jpg

I never get tired of the beauty in this area.