Amageza Run/ Rally Raid (II) - April 2012 Put your nick down!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Camelman

Amageza 2.0 - Rise of the GPS - 28, 29 April 2012

This is a long weekend 27 - 30 April 2012.

Its time to expand again, and we are planning on going bigger next year. As promised, the Amageza Run will double in distance every year until reaching the magic 14 day mark, which should be like this:
  • 2011: 1 Day (25 competitors)
  • 2012: 2 Days (50 competitors)
  • 2013: 4 Days (100 competitors)
  • 2014: 7 Days (200 competitors)
  • 2015: 14 Days (400 competitors)

What I would like to have a indication of, is how many of you want to do the run next year. I need to get the infrastructure ready, so I would like a indication of interest from riders. The route will be in a figure 8 where the start and end of each day will be at the same point over the two days. Location will be Northern Cape. Any of Sutherland, Fraserburg, or Calvinia. Two meals, accommodation (tented) and support will be provided.

Likewise to this year, navigation will be by rally road-book, with mandatory GPS way-points. I will have all the rules, etc. ready by the 1st of October 2011. By default, the riders who did it this year, will have precedence over new entries. So put your name down next to a place on the list, and lets see what happens.

This is only to get a indication of  who's coming and where the riders will come from. Full planning will follow at a later stage. So please don't ask a million question. Just put your name down and start training. All the answers will be ready 6 months prior.

You can read about this years planning, here:
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=65102.0

Report:
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=68204.0

Quick rules:
Bike: 450cc and up. Time penalties exist for anything smaller than 650.
Rider: Licensed with medical aid/ Hospital plan.
Navigation: GPS with downloadable trip-log.

We can only manage 50 competitors, 10 marshals, and 3 pilots with gyro-copters next year.

Definitions:
Competitor: You think you will survive day one and two of the Dakar Rally.
Marshal: You can stay on your bike, even if you need to duck-walk. You can ride for 12 hours, and have no fear of a GPS or hand-radio.
Gyro-copter pilot: You have 100+ hours on type, and have access too, or own a gyro-copter. You can fly that machine like a top-gun pilot, with a pax, and land on a gravel road with a heart-beat under 150bpm.

Please send a PM to Firecoast, or email admin [ @ ] amageza.com to add your name to the entry list.

Insert 1
Please ensure you attend a qualification. It is not possible for us at this stage to have a qualification in all the provinces, as you were warned well in advance. Ensure you get to a qualification if you want to join.

Out of a organisational point of view, NO QUALIFY, NO RUN.  :deal:

The only exempt persons at this stage are the riders who finished more than 70% of the Amageza 2011 route, and Blue Bull 2007.

There are only 50 places, and 70 entrants. You do the math!

But, I give you my word, if you qualify, you will have a starting position, even if we have to add places.

-End Insert-

[flash=420,345]https://www.youtube.com/v/hymPT6vTnHc?hl=en&fs=1[/flash]​