A difference of oppinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
On Saturday I decided to go and play on an "pan" that Have tickled my fancy for some time now. (S26 20 32.3 E25 35 35.3)
On arrival, I off-loaded the bike and went paying :D

Man it was fun. :p

The "pan" In the background

Played for about 20 min on the "pan" and then took on the erosion walls.

By this time, my activities have attracted a large crowed of children from the village. (Erosion wall in the back)

This is then where we had the difference of opinion(me and the bike) :D

I just wanted to make a nice jump, but the bike wanted to reach for the sky. This resulted in a less than perfect "Landing" (read Crash) :)

After about a minute of rolling around on the ground, the pain subsided a bit and I got to my feet. Or should that be foot? It was obvious that I have had some damage done to my undercarriage :?

The analysis: (Refer to last photo)

Did some jumps up and then down again from the wall.
(The wall has a kind of tabletop effect)
This is just right of the kid on the most left hand side.

On the last :? jump from the top, I must have miss timed the compression of the shocks, thus kicking the back wheel from under me :oops:

Long story short. I managed to load the bike back onto the bakkie and now I'm sitting with a rather sore and stiff knee.

More detail on my injuries will be posted on Monday, after X-rays and a visit to the Doc.

The bike only needs to have the forks aligned again, but that is all.

This will be the last time I go riding like this alone again.

:!: