A Trip to Eagle Falls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
It is Tuesday, and already the week has been too long! Kaas and I decide on a trip. By the time we return to George a much shorter week lies ahead. Now this is truly good thinking. Mr. Trailrider will join us, though only halfway, to return to George...he had other commitments or so he said.

We left George on Wednesday morning. The weather could not have been any better. After having met at the local Engen Garage, we travelled halfway up the Montagu pass. It was time to stop. Trailrider snaps away with his camera, Kaas enjoys the view and I relax with a Camel.

Montagu.jpg

We were in no hurry, and stopped in Herold. Of course I enjoyed another Camel whereas my co-riders watched. They appear to be somewhat frustrated with my smoking? I however knew we still had a long road ahead of us!

Harold.jpg

At some point Trailrider had to return to George. This is where we said our goodbyes.

Split.jpg

It would be interesting to know the history behind this building. If only it could speak!!

Murasie.jpg

An ideal place to have our sami's.

Lunch.jpg

We finally arrive at the campsite. First things first, and the tents are made to stand.

Tente.jpg

Time for a refreshment in the honesty bar. You don't find too many of these in George!

129_2938.jpg

Now this is what the ride really was all about. Great to see!!

Waterval.jpg

We arrived back at the campsite. I am not permitted to light the fire or braai. This gives me more time to enjoy the refreshments and a few more Camels.

Braai.jpg

The morning after the night before. Some inclement weather on it's way. No more time for pictures hereafter!

Wolke.jpg

Arrived back in George. Time to wash the bike. I am told that I am crazy but I find this exercise therapeutic!!

Vuilbike.jpg

All in all a great experience, in fact may I say priceless!!!

Hope the members enjoy my first attempt at a ride report.