Life the universe and everything else…….Then MALAWI !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The_Boma

I have decided to start posting information on Malawi as I see a lot of people looking for information on accommodation, routes etc.

As an example lot of riders pass thru Cape Maclear,  almost all stay at Fat Monkey’s, and yes it is a excellent place to stay,  very good on-suite rooms, nice camp site very good food and the owners very good people and friends of myne.
But they are not the only place around there, there is:

Panda Lodge, Danforth Lodge, Gecko Lounge, Mufasa backpackers lodge, Molambe Lodge, Ngosa Lodge, just to name a few, O.. and there is Hick-ups Pub The Boma restaurant where bikers (and Bikers only) can camp for free if they want to.

NOTE: From what I see and the places guy’s go to is information retrieved from the web, most of the lodges camp sites etc around here do not advertise on the web.

Most of the lake towns are connected via one road (with Multiple dirt roads) up north from Karonga down to Salima, then from Salima to Monkey Bay down to Mangochi, Mangochi being the end of the great Lake Malawi, then onto Lake Malombe. In between these areas there is extraordinary place’s to see and accommodation available everywhere. I will post information up to Liwonde National park ( a place that is a must see) with information, accommodation rated people to contact etc.

I will post information on routes that I take pictures etc, mostly on weekends that I don’t go down to the lake I just hop on the bike and head off into a direction. See where the road leads  :ricky: