Mof se party and beyond.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Fridaymorning I was woken up by rain on my roof. Normally a gloriuos sound but not when you have to get on the bike.
Dolfie have been a WD member for a week and this would be his first bash.
Also he has been out of the country for three months and was acting like someone that have been let out of jail!!! :imaposer:
We left 9.30 from my place and the first time I could take my camera out was in Laingsburg. Rain on and off all the way.
Met a client from Oudtshoorn on his way to Calvinia Vleisfees. So Wouter(Kojack) joined us on the KLR as backup for the
two BM's :imaposer:
MoordenaarsKaroo had lots of water.

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315-1.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

The first of the flowers was seen.

IMG_0323.jpg

The last 20km of the road to Komsbergpass was very bad. Third gear max. Lots of washaways and badly rutted.
Top of Komsbergpass.
IMG_0326.jpg

We could open up to Sutherland and stopped for fuel.
The road to Middelpos was rutted and wet in some places.

IMG_0329.jpg

Stopped quickly in Middelpos to put a Dustriders sign on the noticeboard. Met some of the first WD's there.
We parted ways with Wouter when we turned towards Diepdrift. He went straight on to Calvinia.
Shadows were getting longer.

IMG_0330.jpg

After 520 kms we arrived at Mof's driveway!!! Yes the last 6kms of tweespoor.  :biggrin:

IMG_0331.jpg

This one I took over my shoulder. Yes I love sunsets.

IMG_0332.jpg

We made it just before dark.

IMG_0333.jpg

I cannot decide which of the last two pics is the nicest!!

IMG_0334.jpg

I cannot remember when last I cried so much before Fridaynight.
Not of laughter but the smoke of the fire!!! And it was cold so we all sat close to it and cried our eyes out!!

To be continued....