Quick solo via Paleisheuwel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eendstop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Just got back from a quick ride from Eendekuil via Het Kruis, Paleisheuwel and old Piekenierkloof Pass road down back. Just 86 kms, Wow weather was just too much to resist and sit checking a computer screen while swambo feeds the usual groups that come in in Sundays.

Edited: The Piekenierskloof gravel road has a locked gate in in at the bottom, but as far as I know, it's a public road. I know the farmer does not like bikes, and as the gate has 'home made' signage saying the road is closed, I'll question that with authorities this week to have it opened for bikes and everyone again.

Totally uneventful, but I was surprised how stunningly beautiful the flowers are even in areas where flowers are usually sparse. Roads are in great condition except for a couple of k's on the Paleisheulwel road, after the turnoff from the Lambert's Bay road where the corrugations are bad. The one and only water crossing is about 10 cm deep and clear. There is a hole that can catch one out on the northern side of the crossing, so keep left.

Two somewhat poor pics as appetizers (taken with the B Berry as I did not even think I'll take pics), but hurry, the flowers won't last long

Attachments

• IMG00361-20110904-1113.jpg
    IMG00361-20110904-1113.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 156