Help needed for a project... let's get Dieter into DS !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Howzit,
There is a project that is fast gaining momentum and we need all kinds of help with it.
Those of you who know me well will also know and have partied with my mate Dieter....  and some of you may have met him at the Red Star Race Day that was held a while ago...

Picture056.jpg

For those of you who do not know him... here is a bit of a Bio...
Dieter Marzinger is a bloke in a wheelchair... he is a quadriplegic and has been for just over 9 years now.
Dieter has had a fairly interesting life and in the period before his accident he was ... well...  a bit of a wild man.
He matriculated as the head boy of Boys Town outside Pretoria and ended up there because he was a naughty shit and did a bunch of stupid things as a youngster...
At the time he was also into martial arts and he was in fact South African All Styles Full Contact Champ for 3 years in a row.
He was approached by Special Forces and became their specialized hand to hand combat instructor and he was working in this job at the time of the accident.
The accident itself was anti-climatic as all he did was to dive of a houseboat at a selection braai and hit a sandbank.
He fractured his neck and so started with the looong road to recovery.
Short of feeling to sorry for himself Dieter started to qualify himself as a mouth painter and now years later makes his living selling paintings that he has made and also as the webmaster for ICP (International Convoy Protection) who builds  armored personnel carriers.

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

Dieter is far from idle and he often goes sailing, flying and drinking with me and over the past few years we have held a bunch of fundraisers and some fishing competitions and raised R 95 000.00 to buy him a specialized 4x4 wheelchair. This has opened up some previously difficult activities to him and this then lead to this project…
The Project.
Myself, Dieter and Groenie ( Gix Repsold ) have come up with the idea to build an Off Road capable Side Cart that I can attach to my 1100GS.
My bike is already at Groenie’s place and we have done a bunch of research etc.  and he is currently building a “prototype” for this machine. The cart will be designed as to allow Dieter to ride his motorized wheelchair onto the ramp and be secured on it for lekker slow outrides.
Groenie has posted here on the forum for a wheel and axle and we are going to need a lot more bits as to control the finances. The steel that we will need and so on is fairly expensive along with all the other bits.
Besides needing steel tubing  we also need some decent off road suspension, some lights, brake system, reflectors etc etc.
If there are any WD’s or vendors out there that can help with these items please post it here.
If you feel like making a donation of time or money please PM Gix and make some arrangement.
I thank you as a friend of Dieters and look forward to see many of you on rides with Dieter once we get this thing up and trucking !!

Ps.  you can read more about Diter on his website  https://mouthonly.com/