Community project -proposal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainboy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I love this new part of the forum -I thinks its a brilliant idea

So if I could kick it off with something small but absolutley critical:

It seems that charities in general seem to have a universal problem wrt donations:

There's a chronic shortage of MEN'S clothing that can be given to the poor and destitute. Either men are just lazy in sorting out their old clothes and donate them or perhaps woman simply shop way too much  ;D. I'm going for the second reason (makes me feel better  ;))

So the proposal is as follows:

Wild dogs in the Cape area could get together fully loaded like going away on a weekend retreat but instead ur bags will be filled with donations.The big appeal I came hear off was from Tulbach,one of my favourite weekend retreats and day trip destinations.
So we'll leave on a Sat or Sun,taking  a scenic dirt route,end off in Tulbach,get to know the charity and it's work and head home to be back the afternoon.

We still have a good daytrip which will have a huge impact on the community of Tulbach.

I'll start a drive a work for other men to donate.

If there is enough support (and I really hope the men will come thru here),I could post this in the Planning section.

Of course woman are most welcome to partake as well. I know this will be well supported by Extreme Velcro (pls raid Mark's goodies while his not here  ;). )

And I just spent the past weekend in Tulbach -it's bliksem cold out there. I don't think we really know just how lucky we are

Com'on guys,lets make another kennel a little warmer.....