How to make a MX bike Bigger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenisis

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Ok so this is how the story goes.

I am an Avid Motorcycle Rider, I love Riding in the desert and i love Racing Enduro`s ,Baja`s etc. I have a trusty CRF 450 X which has been through the wars with me and it is about to be revamped so that i can take part in next years Desert challenge (should it be on)

Part of my logic is to get a second bike so that i can use that to train and then have my X to race.

Here comes Problem 1. I have decided to Race MX and my X is not really suited to MX, I suppose it is but i don't want to be the only guy with a head light on the track.

Enter Problem 2. I bought a Mates KTM 505 SXF and decided to go to the MX track last week and lets just say with my frame on a Stock bike it was "Very exciting" I nearly saw my Arse about 10 times in 10 laps. This bike is so unpredictable and does something different every time i jump? Hoops lets not even go there. I normally can lean back and with a Little throttle control i put my front tire on to each hoop with no effort at all. I nearly went tits over arse!

I have thought of doing these 2 things.

1. Raise the bars 50mm and to raise the Seat by 70mm. hopefully it will give me more room on the cockpit to manoeuvre.
2. Changing Springs to get the bike to react a little more predictably.

What do you guys think?