Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Your Dad on his bike  (Read 32147 times)

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • WAT KYK JY
Re: Your Dad on his bike
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2012, 03:54:38 pm »
Maybe 63Magic won't mind if I borrow Clive for a moment. My dad never rode, but if he did, this could have been us... the two Old Geezers are the same age  :ricky: That was a good day in my life  :thumleft:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

…, I wish I could own them all, and until I can afford to own them all at once, I will own them one at a time... 

Offline Rooikat

• Bike: Honda XR500
  • Honda XL500S
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »
That was a great trip, Gerard. Baviaans was special. And I enjoyed meeting some of the WDs I would otherwise never have met as well. :biggrin:
"The only reason for cleaning things is if you want to mount, frame and hang them in your living room" - The famous CJC

"The older I get, the better I was."

"I don't care a f*** what it looks like, as long as it works" - The famous CJC

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 08:06:43 pm »
:ricky:

Is dit die " dad"?

If so , is dit 'n bedonnerde cool foto !!! 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I "like"   :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Skipskop

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • ;-)
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 11:56:33 pm »
This is dad himself (myself)in 1971 and that was my total ATGATT  :biggrin:
" Of all the things I lost in life, what I miss the most, is my mind"
DRZ 400 E ,1200GS WR450- KLR650 Side-car
Yamaha CV80 Beluga
"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
"Old age is not for the inexperienced" "If you haven't grown up by age 50 , you don`t have to"

Offline Skid

« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:44 am »
Found these of my dad.
"You've got to get up with determination every morning if you want to go to bed with satisfaction."
Honda Africa Twin Sold
Triumph 800xc Sold
Honda CX500 Café Racer Build Sold
Kawasaki KLR 650 Fugly

Offline Skipskop

• ;-)
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »
Ek dink ons moet weer nommerplate op die voorste mudguard sit ,lyk nogal cool  O0
" Of all the things I lost in life, what I miss the most, is my mind"
DRZ 400 E ,1200GS WR450- KLR650 Side-car
Yamaha CV80 Beluga
"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing"
"Old age is not for the inexperienced" "If you haven't grown up by age 50 , you don`t have to"

Offline Noneking

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »
My dad and his tjommie playing around in Villeria, Pta in the early 70's.........Was always gonna end in tears.. ::)
2006 HP2 Enduro 1229
2019 KTM 790 R

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0

Offline Mother

• Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »
Found these of my dad.

what year and whats ur dads name....see ND plates my dad was an old biker in durbs in those dads maybe they knew each other....bikers where a small breed those days
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline cheesy

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 03:02:25 pm »
Well my Dad was opposed to me riding powered 2 wheels, :( my mother, who ruled the roost, said it was O K, he needs to be independent :3some: and so after saving up money from tips gained from working at a road house as a waiter, remember those and drive inns? I bought my first "snottie" a 50cc DKW Hummel with a 3 speed gearbox and hand change. And so life proceeded.
I have 3 sons, all ride and so does my grand daughter. I recently went on a 2 week recce with my eldest son to Germany/Austria/Italy and skimmed through the corner of Switzerland. We hired bikes there and had an absolute ball. Money can not buy these pleasures.
LIFE is Wonderful.
Bum in the saddle, always.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:06 pm »
:ricky:

Is dit die " dad"?

If so , is dit 'n bedonnerde cool foto !!!  

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I "like"   :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Die einste rooipoot homself  ;D Ek sit voor en my broer agter
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2013, 03:27:48 pm »
Ek kan myself nie indink dat Rooipoot ooit oud gaan word nie. :deal:
Ek dink ook hy ry te min.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Iron Shark

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »
Some great memories here, gonna have to do a bit of digging and find a pic or 2 to add.

;D
Kawasaki KH 175 - sold
Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold
Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - sold
BMW 1200 GS - sold
BMW 1200 GSA - loving it

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »
Ek kan myself nie indink dat Rooipoot ooit oud gaan word nie. :deal:
Ek dink ook hy ry te min.

Die politiek gaan dalk maak dat hy oud word. En dis die oorsaak dat hy min ry. :-\

Ek sal maar sy arm moet draai vir 'n trippie  ;D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Bring It On

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Shaun
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
This is a really Cool thread.

Here are a few of my Pops "DPR".

1. First one is when he popped around to show me Honda 750 Shadow "ACE".
2. Second one was one of the Breakfast Rides we  did. Stopped for a photo @ one of the lookout points on top of DuToits Kloof Pass.
3. Third one, was a ride that I did with my Pops on his Birthday last year. Stopped here near Teewaterskloof Dam.
4. Fourth one.... taken on the same ride & stopped for a photo on top of Francshoek Pass.
5. No.5 is Pops very proudly enjoying his newly aquired Honda VTX1300. Taken @ last year's Toy Run.
"Always Believe In Yourself"

Quote: "Riding a Bike feeds something inside us, that Nothing else can"
Quote: "I Ride because it can turn the Worst Day into the BEST"

Offline dpr

• Bike: Zundapp (all models)
  • Now thats a LEKKER Ride... I do the "Clean Roads"
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »
My Dad 1966, matrix Vespa, he later moved on to a zundap (spelling???)and then a Suzuki 350 when I was born.

Hey there.. I actuslly started my bike riding in Welcom (OKE) in the 60's and my first bike was a Zundapp as well. I had the 100cc Twin with the forced fan cooled motor... We stayed in Dagbreek just around the corner from the Mobil Garage on the circle just over the bridge...
My Ride is a Honda VTX 1300 - Not listed in bike list....( and why not may I ask Cruisers are also bikes)

Offline dpr

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:09 pm »

2. Second one was one of the Breakfast Rides we  did. Stopped for a photo @ one of the lookout points on top of DuToits Kloof Pass.
3. Third one, was a ride that I did with my Pops on his Birthday last year. Stopped here near Teewaterskloof Dam.
4. Fourth one.... taken on the same ride & stopped for a photo on top of Francshoek Pass.
5. No.5 is Pops very proudly enjoying his newly aquired Honda VTX1300. Taken @ last year's Toy Run.

And May I just add that it's a real pleasure when We go for a ride together - My son on his bike & me on mine.. Also just oh so glad that he enjoyes the riding as much if not more than I do.. Also love it even more when his wife rides with him when we go out....  e need to do another long day ride again soon.... Nothing better than cruising the highways on a bike....
My Ride is a Honda VTX 1300 - Not listed in bike list....( and why not may I ask Cruisers are also bikes)

Offline Dirty Boy

• Son, thats not how I showed you......
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 10:50:49 am »

And May I just add that it's a real pleasure when We go for a ride together - My son on his bike & me on mine.. Also just oh so glad that he enjoyes the riding as much if not more than I do.. Also love it even more when his wife rides with him when we go out....  e need to do another long day ride again soon.... Nothing better than cruising the highways on a bike....

dpr, I really look forward to riding with my son. Thats him in my avatar so as you can see we have some work to do  ;D
We do ride MX bikes together but he is only 15 this year and wont be on the road for a long while. I just hope I will still be riding and have the spirit that you have. Respect  :thumleft:

PS, you mentioned the circle just over the bridge in Welkom. Wasnt Welkom known for having more traffic cirles than any other town in SA ?

Offline Tap Tap

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »
This is a pic of my grandparents. Any idea what bikes they are?
'14 Harley Fatboy Special
'10 BMW F800 GS
'08 Harley 1200 Sportster Nightster

Offline Dirty Boy

• Son, thats not how I showed you......
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »
Hey TT, that is  a great pic.

I love the fact the grandpa is in his shorts and grandma has her dancing shoes and fur collared coat on. Hope she never rode with that coat hanging down near the moving parts.

Cant help with what type of bikes they are but the first thought that went through my head was that it looks very Bonnie and Clyde.

Thanks for sharing  :thumleft:

Offline dpr

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »

dpr, I really look forward to riding with my son. Thats him in my avatar so as you can see we have some work to do  ;D
We do ride MX bikes together but he is only 15 this year and wont be on the road for a long while. I just hope I will still be riding and have the spirit that you have. Respect  :thumleft:

PS, you mentioned the circle just over the bridge in Welkom. Wasnt Welkom known for having more traffic cirles than any other town in SA ?
Yup it was/is the only town in SA that had traffic Circles instead of traffic lights. If ridden properly the traffic had no flow problems... There was one at each end of every main road/junction...