Quicky rides with my kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I started this thred here as a sort of RR for dads who just pop out for a short ride with the kids...  I looked around for a place to post ... but maybe I am just stupid ?  So modurols can move it if needed.

I got my kids 125cc Zookas a month ago...  Son (12) got a CRF  and daughter (13 ) a TTR S with a slightly taller frame.

The first day was spent on sorting out clutch control and gear changes.  Then on to a bit of riding position and correct posture.  I scraped out a track here on the plot and did some spinning in corners on Mom's quad to loosen things up a bit.  We then spent one whole day at Rhino Park in the middle of the week and as predicted we were the only people there.  They got to grips with higher speeds and even got some air over a few jumps.

They have improved so much and today I caved in and we went for a proper "outride"  like we would usually do with horses...  This was an absolute jol !!!  

They were both mature beyond their years and paid heed to all the warnings and tips I have given them over the past few weeks.  We rode with me in front and Catnic in the back on her quad.  

We rode about a 10km loop with varied surfaces from rock, sand to 2-spoor tracks.  At the rivercrossing  (puddle ) things went South and we had a few spills.  They went through about 10 times each untill they got the hang of "gassing" it out of the mud.

We rode back with them covered in mud.... but smiling huge !!

As we stopped at home they said... " If we wash our bikes nicely.... can we go again tomorrow".....

Attachments

• Kaige 1.JPG
    Kaige 1.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 358
  • momquad.JPG
    momquad.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 354
  • Skyler 1.JPG
    Skyler 1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 356
  • Kaige H2O.JPG
    Kaige H2O.JPG