In the kloof behind Jagtvlakte (Uitenhage)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This morning I went out with Nevmcgyver to go and move a gate pole and part of the fence of a small pre-school in an informal settlement in Uitenhage area. Now I am always teasing Nev on how he gets sidetracked while doing other jobs. And so this morning I told him that I am sure we would not finish the job at the pre school before 2pm. Nev made me the bet that if we finish before 2pm , I must  fill his bike's fuel tank. I agreed on condition that we then go and burn the fuel that I would put in his tank.

And so , surprisingly , we finished the fence in record time and made our way to Jagtvlakte. Me on Jemima(F650GS) and Nev on b'rhaka (Suzuki DRZ400).

The idea was to go and travel up the kloof that Hotwire, Mieliepap and myself traveled down into a while back. That report here : https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=77759.0.

We stopped along the way for a quick photo sesion.

sml_IMG_8278.jpg

sml_IMG_8286.jpg

sml_IMG_8288.jpg

sml_IMG_8291.jpg

Anyway , we entered the valley and followed the little tweespoor road. We did a little river crossing. I had to do it twice because Nev did not push the button on his camera hard enough the first time.

sml_IMG_8292.jpg

The road came to end a little further up and the only way to go forward would have been to convert our bikes into submarines.
I had to turn around and decided to run up the little embankment to the right and then have the bike run backwards to make a three point turn. Unfortunately my plan did not quite work out and I ended up dropping Jemima onto her side. Between the crashbars and the pannier frames she sustained no damage.

sml_IMG_8298.jpg

The tracks and marks where I dropped Jemima is visible on the botton left of the above photo.

The view further into the valley was beautiful :

sml_IMG_8300.jpg

We turned around and headed back to try and find another way into the valley. The road we picked was full of loose rocks and in an effort to ride up the hill I took another tumble and dropped poor Jemima again. I busted my knee a bit in the fall, but luckily the crashbars did their work again and Jemima sustained no injuries. But all of this hot heavy work to get up the hill was taking a toll on me and Nev and eventually we called it quits and decided to just take a leasurely ride to Bluewater bay to go and have a cooldrink.

I was so tired and hot that I completely forgot to take any more pics. Maybe Nev will have a few more.