2 hours out-ride in Ladismith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
So, my wife has a friend who married a Nel from Ladismith (yes, there's plenty of them). We went there for a weekend and towed the Dakkie along. The Nel dude used to be a keen off-road biker, but sold his toys a few years ago. This particular day, he jumped on his brother's XR 400. He has a key to a gate to a lovely piece of mountain farm where he normally goes to ride his mountain bike.

Even though the XR had hardly any thread left on the rear wheel and a slipping clutch, there was just no way I could keep up with this oke. My excuse is that the Dakkie has a pair of smooth(ish) Anakees on but the truth is, I just can't ride like this dude. He really tested my riding skills and I gave the Dakkie as hard a time as I could. Along the way I had two slight front wheel slides and a couple of other 'oh sh1t!!' moments, but made it through. Thank goodness!!

We crossed quite a few little streams - some of them quite rocky, but none very wide. We also climbed a few long rocky hills and did a downhill or two that made me sweat!! All in all it was some of the most pleasurable riding I've ever done and TOTALLY worth towing the bike all the way there.

The way this oke was riding, there wasn't much time for pics. Here's the only three I managed:

LS1.jpg

LS2.jpg

LS3.jpg