Weekend gravel Sand & Braai

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
This weekend I contacted kwassie, My wife and I took a day trip with him and his wife we travelled from Brackenfell to Riebeek Kasteel on some lekke dirt roads we had a breakfast there and I climbed on by GPS and we road some dirt roads to Wosely, we came through Dutoitkloof pass had a beer at the hotel and went home we then decided I'd leave my wife at his place to keep his wife company as Kwassi myself and Socket went to have some fun in the Sand by Soneike mall on Eskom ground there is a lekke training patch there, Socket drove in and as usual made things look way easier than it is since as I came in I tried what I read on the forum by standing up look forward and in second give it some gas I came in past socket as he was waiting for us and WAM "sien ek my gat"  :xxbah: Socket was laughing and so was Kwassie untill he came in and WAM he bought some sand to  :imaposer:. With all fareness Kwassie and my experience in sand is non existant as we proved that my BMWF800GS and his KLR bought equal amount of sand it wasnt half an hour and we were panting from trying to ride the sand and picking the bikes up as they fell which I should say we stopped counting  :patch:, Socket on the other hand was riding his XL700 Transalp like a surfboard and didnt fall once  :eek7: so I still dont get it sometimes I get it right and as soon as I have to slow down I fall when trying to pull away 3/5 times I would fall maybe there is no hope but atleast we found a nice place to practise and improve untill we can ride like Socket "show off" worst part is im short and only way to put my foot down is with the other one on the peg and every time I had to pick my bike up I swear it should be unfair as I have to do double the work to get it back up. Now we will ride the patch of sand more often I believe that once we can handle the sand we should be able to handle anything the dirt roads throw at us it just makes sence that way.

After that Kwassie and his wife invited us for a braai and we kuiered lekke , if it wasnt for my post on dogs by areas we probably wouldnt have met them and had this much fun  :thumleft: fortunately I dont have a helmet cam "any sponsors are welcome" so no pics of the crashes thow his wife did take a few of us soaking in sweat as we got home .That I will try and get hold of to post  :ricky: