A Gamkaskloof adventure!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raider

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
The KLE's meet again! The drivers, Kaas and I, join them at the Engen Garage in George.The weatherman had it all wrong... not a drop of rain to be seen. Perfect riding weather awaits us.

DSC05941.jpg

Our first stop at the quiet Krymekaar Padstal. Fortunately we brought along our own beverages....

DSC05943.jpg

We arrive in Oudtshoorn to fill up the tanks. One of the many beautiful churches in town.

DSC05949.jpg

Kaas testing the waters! This crossing is situated between Schoemanspoort and the Cango caves.

DSC05955.jpg

We reach the Swartberg Pass. This sign is self explanatory and hopefully adhered to by all.

DSC05956.jpg

The KLE's have not had enough and it's all systems go!!

DSC05966.jpg

A taste for life.... a view to treasure!!

DSC05967.jpg

DSC05969.jpg

A sign probably seen before by many forum members.

DSC05977.jpg

A recent fire took it's toll.

DSC05978.jpg

This sign should not be ignored!

DSC05979.jpg

The beauty of the area...... Kaas's favourite lunch spot. The water truly is crystal clear.

DSC05986.jpg

YIPPEE!!!! One of a couple of crossings.

DSC05997.jpg

Gamkaskloof down below. I told you the sign should not be ignored!!

DSC06001.jpg

Some of the Gamkasklowers in 1948.If you are wondering...... I am not in the picture!!

I am told that the small community detested the word "Die Hel" as the valley was often referred to by outsiders. In spite of the extreme temperatures this place is magic and in my mind much closer to Heaven.

DSC06007.jpg

We stayed in the Meestershuis. The "meester" (school principal) was a very important man in the community. A fire was made.

DSC06020.jpg

A not so friendly visitor!!

DSC06027.jpg

Kaas sums it up!! A great trip in a picturesque part of our land.

DSC06028.jpg

The KLE's back in George and ready to be cleaned!

DSC06050.jpg