OTTO DU PLESSIS PASS WITH FRIENDS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
JMOL gave me a call and invited us (Vis Arend and Mev Vis Arend ) on a trip to Elliot / Barkley East which would include Otto du Plessis Pass.  This was one trip that we could not say no for and the date was set and arrangements were made.  JMOL invited two of his friends, David and Basil (Bike on the forum).  We could not wait for the weekend to arrive.

It was ready set and go as JMOL and his friend left East London around 06:00 to Stutterheim and we left from King William’s Town to Stutterheim where we would meet up with each other and continue our trip to Otto du Plessis Pass.

Our route was from Stutterheim to Bolo, then to Tsomo, Ncora dam to Cala, then Elliot where we would say hallo to GlenInk.  From there we would do Otto du Plessis Pass and head for Barkley East and sleep over for the night.

In Stutterheim we joined JMOL and friends

100_5476.jpg

Time to adjust the tyre pressure for the gravel roads, I wonder what happened to the hair?

100_5480.jpg

My old faviroute, as seen on previous RR from me.

100_5491.jpg

100_5492.jpg

JMOL crossing a small bridge on route to Bolo

100_5510.jpg

The roads never get better, but hey, it stays nice

100_5515.jpg

100_5520.jpg

David, I think he is 65 years old.  (JMOL, help me out here)

100_5521.jpg

A bell between somewhere and nowhere.

100_5528.jpg

On our way towards Bolo

100_5544.jpg

Approaching Bolo.

100_5553.jpg

I will post the rest of the trip tomorrow.  My computer is not playing the game %^^%^.