Dakota does Lesotho-Old Mill -Qwa Qwa and Golden Gate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Been a while that i have been looking at the progress of my new 2ic since my previous one decided -to do something else  :peepwall:

Its taken a year of slowly but surely getting her to a place where she is more confident with her bike and her capabilities as a rider. From Gravel highways to the little single track she now enjoys and is no longer unsure of herself.

We had a XYZ Secret society Recce run last week to Lesotho to prepare for my third trip there in two and a half months --Later this month when 5 of us will be going down ---Just love Lesotho  :mwink:

We arrived Monday in Clarense --Trailered our bikes there as we would be staying at a self catering place we used as our base close to Lesotho --Golden Gate - Fouriesburg and --Not to Forget--OLD MILL PASS--

Some random pics of Clarense---

Remember this grocer shop --as the story will unfold later when Dakota tried to Smuggle a block of farm butter-a block of cheese and a tube of Toothpaste --The HARD way into Lesoto --Over Old Mill Pass  :mwink:

What is an away trip without good food to eat -- ::)

Three weeks ago when i was there the flowers had not yet started to bloom --Now --everything was colourful and the thick scent of spring was in the air-

A view of one of the many Sandstone Rock formations that are everywhere you look in the Golden Gate area.

A old Sandstone building we stopped by for Coffee.

he Snow of the previous ride i was on was all melted and only the new green grass and plantlife would show signs where it was a while back.

A herd of sheep i previously encountered still full of wool ----This time they were all shorn and naked now --A Aussies dream come true   :peepwall:

So Off for a good meal  ;)

and to mentally prepare Dakota for a ride that she was wanting to do --but still not sure yet if she could --But then i am not known as the master of getting people on rides to step out of there comfort zone and do something that will strech them an give them a HP or two moment in Life  --for nothing  ::)

Sooooooooo till later when i got time i will post some more ---

What lay ahead for her i decided not to show her--the less you know the better--

Attachments

• Old Mill image.jpg
    Old Mill image.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 552
  • Old Mill image 2.jpg
    Old Mill image 2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 541