Still unpacking (and the Sand Monster got me!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growweblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Haven't had much time for the forum lately, since we've just moved house to Betty's Bay. It's really great here and the ADSL works better than expected (although it took us months to find a house with a landline, wat nog te se^ ADSL :eek:).

There are 2 paved roads in Bettys and no robots: the dirt starts right in front of my house ;D (photo taken during recent Cape storms):
581197001_c424add278_o.jpg

Obviously, now that the essentials have been unpacked, the rest is just standing around in (and out of) boxes, calling out for attention.

The garage:
581197233_e311b0711f_o.jpg

(Actually, just having a garage - after 7 years in UK land - is a luxury)

It's great riding around here - even the 2km to the shop has some nice potholes and muddy corners to practice on! I tried my hand at some sand this afternoon (near the Silver Sands dune) - just for "practice". And I had my first fall! :-\ Fortunately, all that was broken was the lefthand mirror stem:

581196835_6f8cc98a86_o.jpg

Some locals helped me to pick up the bike - gone is any illusion that I could do it by myself :-[. Ek sal meer mieliepap moet eet...