October 12 "From Byzantium to Elimi" Castelvetrano and Segesta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlyno

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
presentazione%2012%20Ott.%202011.gif

Hello boys
.. with a beautiful sunny day with temperatures between 23 and 28 degrees, beautiful sunshine I got from my GPS .. driving through provincial roads into disuse (for this .. and in very poor condition ..!). From freeway to Sciacca and I came here to Poggioreale attarverso campaigns have gone before Castelvetrano for a brief tour in the old town with its beautiful cathedral and the monumental fountain of Mother Nymphaeum and then to visit about 3 km from the city a small masterpiece Byzantine church of the Holy Trinity, the only example in Sicily came to us intact, has a Byzantine scheme with a central plan of a Greek cross. A real show. Then a visit to Trinity Lake, a reservoir and from there through very nice and short dirt roads to reach the ancient city of Segesta with Elymas his magnificent temple, the theater and the agora. In short, a blast from the past and history of Sicily is still present in all their splendor. Pending the report .. check out the photos and maybe we're seeing that sign the guestbook!

https://www.francescoinviaggio.it/REPORT%20SICILIA%202011/18)%2012%20Ottobre%202011%20-%20Dai%20Bizantini%20agli%20Elimi%20-%20Castelvetrano%20e%20Segesta.htm