Bella's first ride report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R100GS / Kalahari
So what's a dog to do, your master wants you to get on the bike and all choice I have to bark in the matter is being stuffed in a Touratech Alu box, strapped and harnassed for security.

Think Bike uuhhh it should be think Dog!

dsc00291_std.jpg

So off we go for a mile ride in the country side, the wind in my face and ears flapping in the wind - this is life
We arrive at my favourite walking spot - Tilbury Fort

dsc00292_std.jpg

The big old wooden doors at the fort entrance sure is build to last

dsc00294_std.jpg

Wohhooooooooooooooo I just love the long grass...wait a minute I smell someone's been here before me

dsc00296_std.jpg

The fort is suppose to have water surrounding it but been very dry and you could walk through although the chances of
getting stuck in deep mud is 100%. The fort walls have canons protecting the building right around it.

dsc00298_std.jpg

Old wooden bridge that goes into the back of the fort, this links to a draw bridge

dsc00304_std.jpg

KNOCK KNOCK ANYBODY GONNA LET US IN?

dsc00305_std.jpg

Well that is Bella's ride report for the moment and back in my box, the Worlds End pub is still closed thank goodness!

dsc00306_std.jpg

Safely home and going to take a nap now while the master washes his bike from last weeks offroading session.

dsc00307_std.jpg

Sunday

There is a fair few forts down the Thames river they build early years to protect London from a water
invasion from other countries.

They have good old fashioned boot sales and military stuff for sale every few weekends. Yesterday we were also treated for a classic bike show
and took a few pics.

Anybody fancy a tricked out Monkey bike

dsc00308_std.jpg

Full on racing exhaust the works!

dsc00309_std.jpg

Golden oldies

dsc00310_std.jpg

BSA

dsc00311_std.jpg

Norton

dsc00312_std.jpg

Can't recall the name of this as it is russian but like the idea of the sidecar.

dsc00313_std.jpg

Some nicely looked after BSA's

dsc00314_std.jpg

Something you don't see often - an Ariel.

dsc00315_std.jpg

It doesn't get more classic than these two retro's

dsc00316_std.jpg

Any body ever heard of a Levis (well not the kind you wear)

dsc00317_std.jpg

And of course a very rare specimen of the Velocette

dsc00318_std.jpg

Scooted fans out there? Lambretta

dsc00319_std.jpg

One serious armed truck...

dsc00320_std.jpg

And lastly a classic old Bedford

dsc00321_std.jpg

That's all folks.