CT to Warmwaterberg and more the long way round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTJoe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
So we left on friday midday after planning for a while for our annual warmwaterberg visit and CT being CT it had to rain as we were packing and leaving so no photos till we got to Stanford. The normal crew was planned but our main planner/gps unit/peacemaker amongst other things "eikeboom" could not get away for the weekend so the road planning became my responsibility. Two of us were doing the whole trip on 2 wheels and Engelsman and Protoge will meet us at W/waterberg from where we can ride together saturday and return on the sunday.  The plan was Ct to Stanford ; Elim ; Bredasdorp ; Malgas ; Heidelberg to Barrydale for day1. The rain stopped by Rooiels with little spot here and there afterwards. No chance of rainsuits with big jackets and off road boots on so when we stopped at the Birkenhead brewery to sample their finest, the clothing was dry but my socks not so dry as my old boots are not waterproof but windproof. We then went onto the nice dirt road to Elim and skipped the Bredasdorp turn to fly past Struisbaai back to Bredasdorp. Spoke to some of the nice people there for directions to Malgas as i've never been there, that turned out  to be the best pce of gravel highway to the pont, xt flying at its 110 to 120 and the poor gs idling in its dust. Crossed pont and onto Heidelberg where we tried for directions at the garage on where to find "geisemans pass", all the bullshit actually got us onto a small gravel pass and then onto the tradoux pass which is full of corners, just made for 2 wheels. After Barrydale where we were relieved of a R100 for doing 71 in a 60 zone we were off to Ronnies for the compulsory milkshake stop b4 the campsite. What a nice guy!

Attachments

• STP62882.JPG
    STP62882.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 196
  • STP62892.JPG
    STP62892.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 196
  • STP62903.JPG
    STP62903.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 191
  • STP62904.JPG
    STP62904.JPG