One Week, Your Bike, Where Would You Go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acjeske

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CTX200
[quote author=acjeske] Hey all.  Nice Forum.  Heard about you from someone over at Horizons Unlimited.  Glad I did.

My wife and I moved to KZN a year ago to do some volunteer work.  Shortly thereafter I got a Honda CTX200 Bushlander, the farm bike.  Fun stuff.

I haven't met any of y'all yet, but hope to.  You may have seen some stuff I've written in some of the bike mags around, not that I'm hot stuff or anything.  I'm just a guy who rides, thinks and tries to have as many amazing days as possible.

Question:  over the upcoming holidays, I may be able to steal a week away on the bike.  From the Central Drak, where would you go, riding some pretty serious miles and terrain?

I'm off now for a work trip, so keep the thread going.  I'll see y'all in a week.

Eager to hear from you,

Adam Jeske[/quote]

Hey Folks.  I'm new around here. 

The deal:  I may have a free week all of the sudden over the holidays next month.  I have my bike (a Honda CTX200 farm bike) and live in the Central Drakensberg.  Given this (and that I don't want to spend much money, so backpackers or camping are it), where should I go?  Down to the Cape?  Or Karoo?  Try to get all the way up to Bots or Moz or Namib?  Into Zim and check that? 

I don't mind some pretty long days, and like nature.  I'm from the US and just starting to explore more. 

Oh, and do I need any special documents (e.g. a carnet) to ride into any of the countries bordering SA?

I'm out for the next week, so chime in and keep the thread live and I'll see you then.

Adam