Dirty / suspect fuel - Klawer: refund received

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Filled up with unleaded in Klawer on Sunday on way back from the Bash. Afterward my reliable 1150GSA was spluttering, pinging, smoking and snorting - definitely not happy! All that changed was the fuel...

So, if you happen to be around Klawer and want to fill up at the Engen just off the N7 - either keep going to Van Rhynsdorp, or ride into Klawer to get fuel elsewhere.

Update edit:
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=81162.msg1638957#msg1638957
lonerider said:
Final update from my side.

I must admit to being very impressed with the way the Klawer 1-Stop management has dealt with the issue. From my very first telephone call where I was offered a refund for costs incurred even before I had a chance to ask if this was possible, through to the very prompt payment of the invoice I submitted, and finally to the follow-up call I received from the manager a few hours ago to check that all was in order. Big  :thumleft: :thumleft: to the management for being pro-active in containing an issue that was no fault of theirs.

Just to confirm - this incident was apparently solely caused by the Engen deliverer pumping the wrong fuel into the wrong tanks (or something suchlike) on the Saturday prior. The petrol station guys were apparently not aware of the issue until the (irate) phone calls starting coming from some unhappy drivers that Sunday evening.

Will I stop there again? Probably. Am I satisfied enough to actually tell people that we do still have some people committed to fixing stuff-ups and making an effort to keep their customers happy? In my experience here, yes.

If you're in the area, stop and congratulate the manager(s) for being the type of people we need more of in SA.