Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The GSC is open for prev entrants  (Read 5790 times)

Offline Leo

Re: The GSC is open for prev entrants
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2007, 07:29:06 pm »
GS-holic your comments above and those given on Excalibur's thread has got me confused... I quote:

Nee wat hulle kan maar die event in hulle g@tte opdruk - dit kan onmoontlik SO nice wees

Do you have a split personality? Are you for or against this expensive event?
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Steady

« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2007, 09:55:09 pm »
GS-holic your comments above and those given on Excalibur's thread has got me confused... I quote:

Nee wat hulle kan maar die event in hulle g@tte opdruk - dit kan onmoontlik SO nice wees

I'm with Leo, I typed something like this earlier today and thought that perhaps GS-holic had made an error and left out a "this picked up off the BMW website" or something. Thought I would keep my own council this time and wait for an explanation. GS-holic perhaps you can enlighten us, perhaps you are indeed Deon Meyer?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:56:39 pm by Steady »

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2007, 10:08:25 pm »
He quoted a letter/e-mail he got from Deon?

GS-holic

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2007, 07:55:18 am »

I'm with Leo, I typed something like this earlier today and thought that perhaps GS-holic had made an error and left out a "this picked up off the BMW website" or something. Thought I would keep my own council this time and wait for an explanation. GS-holic perhaps you can enlighten us, perhaps you are indeed Deon Meyer?

Leo, Steady (Mutt & Jeff), p-off - keep up, there might just be a comprehension test afterwards....  Ek se weer hulle kan die GSC opdruk, - never said DM's comment changed my view of the costs associated with the event, did I?

Yes Michnus, you're right - it's a response from DM directed to the EC BMW Club

PS: M&J, next time I'll use a teaspoon to feed you guys, seeing that conclusion jumping is your trademarks.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:27:38 am by GS-holic »

Steady

« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2007, 08:52:38 am »
GS-holic, next time start your reply with an explanation such as this from Deon Meyer as quoted on the BMW website or whatever not just, "Thanks for giving me the opportunity... :knob:

GS-holic

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2007, 08:55:30 am »
Point taken, However in light of the focus of the thread I did not perceive it to be necessary as it is obvious.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 08:58:32 am by GS-holic »

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2007, 09:05:56 am »
GS-holic, next time start your reply with an explanation such as this from Deon Meyer as quoted on the BMW website or whatever not just, "Thanks for giving me the opportunity... :knob:

:BangHead: :evil6: :laughing4:

But surely you could not have thought that he suddenly scheemed the heats too much, get out of caracter as Gs-holic and sommer start posting as Deon Meyer himself?

HAHAHAHA....Deon Meyer would never surive the shit that will fly his way after getting out of the closet on a forum like this..

GS-holic

« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
 ;) ;D you'll never know  :laughing7:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
GS-Holic, Leo and Steady do have a point, I also wondered where this all came from.
Thanks very much for posting the feedback from DM, we do value it, please keep it up.
Could one of you guys at EC BMW club also ask DM about his comment that ONLY Beemers can carry luggage?
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Leo

« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2007, 06:53:15 pm »
Thanks for clearing thing GS-Holic.

For a moment I thought you were DM  >:(

Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Steady

« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2007, 08:36:11 am »
I ain't going, never was, busy on that week-end. However I would have liked to have gone just to experience the event. I could have put up with the 600 people and cold food.

However, say what you will the BMW marketing band wagon has got the lot of you sucked into the trap, they will certainly fill the 600 places and those who are not going cannot stop talking about the event, over 600 views on this thread alone, over 100 on the other thread so far! You have to hand it to them, GAGSC or long way down, upside-down, you cannot get enough.

Well well, plans change and mine certainly have so now I am off to the GAGSC, going with my son so that is a bonus. Now...perhaps Shark can let me know what sound a Lemming makes as we follow other Lemmings. ;D

Offline Muddy

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2007, 08:38:52 am »
I always pictured a Lemming as a green little man riding a KDX in a very slow fashion  >:D  I believe they can be heard screaming like pigs when stuck in mudpools.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 08:41:57 am by Muddy »

Offline FortyZA

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • East London
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:23 am »

Well well, plans change and mine certainly have so now I am off to the GAGSC, going with my son so that is a bonus. Now...perhaps Shark can let me know what sound a Lemming makes as we follow other Lemmings. ;D

:hello2: Hey Steady,
Will see you there, I have done the last 2 and this will be my third. :cya:
BMW 1220 Adv (2006)
WR450F (777 - cool blue)
KDX 250 (Pink panther) Sold

shark_za

« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2007, 11:52:34 am »
I have friends who are going because the enjoy the jol and have been to all the others. Taking your son is also a great reason to go.
Go have fun, take spare charged cell phone batteries!

shark_za

« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2007, 11:57:22 am »
I always pictured a Lemming as a green little man riding a KDX in a very slow fashion  >:D  I believe they can be heard screaming like pigs when stuck in mudpools.   ;D
Hahaha, I hate mud , are you related?
See you at Kranskop?

Offline Muddy

• Puppy
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2007, 01:14:33 pm »
I love mud!!  ;) . It makes us all equals.  >:D  Probably not gonna make Kranskop. Some of the MOAM are going to the Boston WFO. Still deciding if I can handle so much agony  :o
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:18:38 pm by Muddy »