Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Solo through Lesotho - Sani Pass  (Read 3682 times)

Offline myni

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • "Not all those who wander are lost." - Tolkien
Re: Solo through Lesotho - Sani Pass
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 01:44:21 pm »
Great RR.  I also like (prefer?) to travel alone or in small groups no more than three - gives me time with the voices in my head and more freedom to take whatever promising road led off into the unknown.

However, it does have its draw backs.  As a friend is fond of telling me: "you ride alone, you die alone".  In September I took a quickie to the Waterberg and planted the bike in some thick sand and won two nights in Milpark Hospital!  Fortunately there were some very friendly and helpful farmers that helped me.

Regarding Oxbow: very expensive, poor service and lousy accommodation (R10 for a cup of instant Frisco coffee is daylight robbery!).
Everyone I come across in cages they bought
they think of me and my wandering
but I'm never what they thought
got my indignation but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...

Offline See Duiwel

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Passop voor!
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »
now i have a question its probly a stupid one aswell...where do you get your road maps?? ive been trying to plot a route on goole maps,google earth but it cant for some reason calculate a route in lesotho? am i doing something wrong?? ???
We have done a trip in October, I am still busy with the RR. I used the newest Garmin streetmaps. It is awesome, much better that T4A. We were going on roads that you must really have a good imagination to be sure it is a road, and the streetmaps showed them all!
A car window is just a TV screen

Offline Lone Wolf

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011, 07:33:03 pm »
that sounds like my kind of map... i don't really want to know where every road leads so that it still feels like I'm some great explorer but at the same time i do need to know how long I've got to pretend before reality draws me back... thx for the info ill check it out!! looking forward to the RR! :thumleft: