Solo through Lesotho - Sani Pass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KLRFegen

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
1) Introduction:
Lesotho has always appealed to me as a destination to travel through, to be honest it’s something I’ve been mulling over for awhile now, the thought of riding solo through Sani Pass on my KLR would make me feel, somehow, as if I have earned my biking stripes. While sitting at work one day struggling through email after email, frustration setting in I had the idea of packing my bike and just driving through Lesotho, so I stood up,  completed  my leave form and handed it in, got home told my wife what I was doing and started prepping for my ride. My only rule was that I wouldn’t do too much planning, I had 3 days and would put no time constraints on the journey.  I will try put in as much detail as I can remember about the route because I think a short trip like this might appeal to the fathers and family men out there who want to explore a bit of the world but who also don’t want to be away from the wife and kids for too long. I know I don’t like been away from my girls but I also enjoy the alone time a few days on the bike gives me. What I really enjoyed about this trip is it is a bit technical, a bit scary when you realise you are all alone for kilometres, no cell phone reception but at all times I was surrounded by absolute beautiful scenery. Lesotho really is something special when explored from the top of a motorcycle. I will be going back and doing the exact same trip, this time I will camp in the middle of the pass.

Attachments

• Highlands-Ski-Route.jpg
    Highlands-Ski-Route.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 857