Read this plse: Aim and suggested format of these threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLRoy

You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus!
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Since we all love riding mountain passes so much, and after reading The Romance of Cape Mountain Passes by Graham Ross, some riding buddies and I decided to make this a WD project.

The aim is to document as many of the passes in SA in this section as possible.  Please create a separate thread for each pass.  Name the thread the pass' real name (for future indexing and  searching purposes).  Try and provide us with the following:

- Its location - either on a map (graphic), typed directions or GPS co-ordinates - or a combination
- A short history of the pass, especially its previous names, the builder, alternative routes etc
- A few pics of the pass
- A pic of the sign with the pass's name on, with your bike in background off-course ;D
- Interesting stats like its altitude, the road condition, length etc

Don't worry if you don't get everything with the first try, since its a WD project others will fill in the gaps as they too explore these beautiful passes of our country.  So feel free to add to other's posts.

I have about 83 passes in the old Cape Province documented on my map - i'll start posting the names soon

You're welcome to offer further suggestions to improve this project.

Cheers
Hein