What bike closed the deal for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I played around with smaller bikes since 2003 but it took a certain bike before I was sold... a Yamaha FJ 1100. It was for sale in the Paarl (was staying in Wellington most of my life). The engine was redone, almost a 1200cc with performance pipe. I took it as green as I was with big bikes (my biggest bike before that was a 250cc street bike!) and...it blew me away. And quite literally I was sold. I tried to get enough cash to buy it but being a student I couldn't come up with the cash. Might as well, don't think I had the experience to ride that bike. I couldn't stop talking about it, my girlfriend then (my wife now) got tired of my constantly babbling of the acceleration and pace and.... I literally dream't about the bike.

Now I ride a GS1150 and I'm still quite green. Did my first trip to Durban over the weekend. I'm loving it! What bike was it that bit you the first time and you suddenly knew...there's no escaping this life