Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: New tires needed Tanzania  (Read 363 times)

Offline Sjarelke

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
New tires needed Tanzania
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:17 am »
Hi you guys,

I'm riding my bike (KTM 990 Adv) from Europe to South Africa and currently in Rwanda (blog: longsolodown.wordpress.com).
My tires are nearing their end I fear... any suggestions on:

- where to get new tires (proper ones, no Chinese stuff) in Tanzania?? Dar es Salaam probably??
(or who can ship them?? or put them on a bus from SA??)

- which tires to get for mainly offroad in Zambia/Namibia/South Africa (particularly which heidenau/metzeler as I am not familiar with those)

And no, this is not meant as a new thread on tires  ;)

Hope to hear..

Sjarelke

Offline PierreO

Re: New tires needed Tanzania
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:55:01 am »
Apparently the Toyota Dealership in Dar sells tyres for DS bikes but the chaps say they haven't been there in a long time and don't know if that is still the case . But maybe give them a call : (255) 22 2866353-8

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Re: New tires needed Tanzania
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:15:12 pm »
Picking up tyres in Dar is not too much of a problem, there are many bike repair shops for the local piki piki's we just asked around and got good local info on where to get. Pricing is fair as well. i will try to scratch up the details of the tyre importer we found but it was 2 years ago. The problem is getting tyres outside Dar, coming down through Tanzania if you are going through Northern Moz the best you can find sometimes is second hand tyres abandoned by other riders so i recommend taking a spare if you can.

Muz
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0