ATG Adventure Braai grid..........the real bike braai grid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
In Kenya we met up with husband wife Swiss people, they tour in a Toyota Landcruiser minimalist style. As men do when starting a braai we both proudly went to fetch our grids to show off and he brings out this piece of Swiss engineering.
Well to say the least my smug grin got wiped of my face, a Swiss can show up a South African on a braai grid, we are suppose to be the masters of this, not some Euro pale face.  :biggrin:

i-SxdRH4P-L.jpg

We used it couple of times and the more I used it the more I like it, this is the best travel grid I have ever used and owned in my life! It is basic and light weight, and that is what I think a good hiking, biking, globetrotting grid must be.

And for our type travelling this is THE best. It can move up or down and easily swings out of the way if you want to get your meat or pot off the grid. It is possible to start cooking even with flames as the grid can be moved up or down or closer to the coals. We regularly braaied for 4 people on this grid.
The aluminium center piece we have redesigned so that the grid-handle-assembly won't "ride" down the aluminium shaft when moved or adjusted.

Truly multi adjustable!

He was kind enough to borrow me his as template and I can now proudly say that we have been able to manufacture them in SA in Cape Town from SA 304 Stainless Steel.  I have made an initial 25 to get things going. In the mean time we are hard at work to try to get the costing inline for our dealers as part of the ATG range.

Selling for R320-00Inclvat and include our 10 warranty. Parts can be bought separately.

PM me or email [email protected] [email protected]

304 Stainless is a poor conductor of heat the handle will always be cool to touch and it will last a lifetime!

The grid is 34.5cm x 21cm with 3mm DIA Stainless wire.
Aluminium pole is 65cm and screw apart to fit into the carry bag.
With bag the set up [size=13pt]weighs 700grams
and is small enough to stick it anywhere in or on your bags or bike.[/size]

The grid can easily support well over a 1kg of meat or a pot with contents that’s over a 1kg. If the pot is heavier just hammer the pole in to the ground at a backward angle

The grid come standard with a waterproof bag, you can just pack your dirty grid back into the bag as water to wash a grid will not always available.

I know there are many grids on the market. But what makes this one different is it's size and versatility it offers for the lightweight minimalist adventure crowd.

i-c3jxpq5-M.jpg

i-gRKwhbj-L.jpg

It is basically the same as any grid you would buy, it's a gird with a handle. Except this grid the handle is removable and you have the added advantage of the pole for ease of use and adjustment.

i-5CxbSBK-M.jpg

i-rqzc44K-M.jpg

If it is not possible to hammer the pole into the ground with a rock or a piece of wood you will be making fire with you can still use the grid and a few rocks as support to braai your sarmies or meat.​