A Ride Report 'Ode' to a faithful friend! (3rd trip added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaasjaap

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 250
I owe it to my good old very trusty 2004 (once pink) KLR650...

This is a quick couple of photo RR's to pay tribute to the great service this bike has given me in the second part (after becoming engaged and married to my wife in 2009) of it's life when the KLR served as our holiday vehicle of NO choice (only trips we could afford were bike trips!)... ;D

My first few longer trips (whilst being single) are somewhere on this board as well. Thanks to this cheap, economical and brilliant bike I was able to do over 60 000kms altogether of which probably half were longer trips, and the last one's (in this RR) where two-up.

I am probably writing this to encourage others that might be in the position I was in five years ago not to think you have to have ALL the frikken right and trendy gear and brands and accessories and nonsense before you can get a bike or tour. I have seen too many guys missing many great trips and years because they are still waiting to have enough bucks for a new/expensive bike and gear and whatnot to look the part... Or buying an expensive bike on credit but then never having cash to do trips... Ek sê dis sommer stront nonsens. Maak 'n avontuur met wat jy het!

Attachments

• 103.JPG
    103.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 383