2012 Triumph Steve McQueen unveiled

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Hearted Son

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL1000V Varadero
looks gorgeous, I'd love one.....

https://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012-triumph-steve-mcqueen-unveiled

McQueen Bonneville 100

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." - Steve McQueen

And if there was one brand that instilled these feelings into McQueen, allowing him to construct such a quote, it was probably Triumph.

The iconic Hollywood actor not only rode them in the movies, such as the famed Trophy TR6 in The Great Escape, but also off the camera.

Due to his passion with Triumph, the UK-based motorcycle company has teamed up with the estate of Steve McQueen, creating a limited edition Bonneville T100 that pays tribute to man.

And limited means limited...only 1,100 of the 2012 Triumph Steve McQueen Edition motorcycles will be available.

Much of the McQueen Bonnie T100's design was inspired by that Trophy TR6 in The Great Escape, the machine featuring" a military-style Matt Khaki Green livery, stencil-style Triumph decal on the tank and the actor's signature on the side covers."

But Triumph didn't stop there. The Steve McQueen Edition will also arrive with a solo seat, black luggage rack, rugged skid plate, small black headlamp, and "a host of other blacked out components, including wheel rims and hubs, handlebars, rear springs, mirrors and front mudguard supports."

Each McQueen Triumph will be numbered via a plaque on the handlebars, and owners will receive a certificate of authenticity.

The new Triumph, along with other new 2012 models, will be displayed at the EICMA show in Milan Nov. 8.

Attachments

• 2012-triumph-steve-mcqueen-unveiled.jpg
    2012-triumph-steve-mcqueen-unveiled.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 329