Indulge me....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
A little trip down memory lane Wink

My folks belong to the Swiss Club here in CPT, and the SC have a piece of land that is a real jewel...As kids, we spent many a Sunday braaing here, and camping whenever we could.....

On Sunday, I went on a little solo trip to Jonkershoek in Stellenbosch..a lovely little dorp with some gorgeous houses like this.

118914637_b0f118a518_o.jpg

The roads are narrow and were rather busy, so taking pics in this part of town was a little risky....
The road to Jonkershoek was about 2km of gentle curves bordered with oak trees

118913912_eda93dbb96_o.jpg

There's a little bridge over the Eerste River to cross, getting to the camping site, which as a kid, scared me half to death, while crossing over with the car.....It hasn't changed one bit....still narrow, still no railings, and still put a little tremor through me when crossing...the pic was taken leaving.

118914638_2d065b261e_o.jpg

In the middle, I got out on trembling legs to take a pic Laughing

118913911_0e9871ffd6_o.jpg

The camping site from the parking lot, but if you go further along the little road, you get to park the bike/car close to the tent

118913901_c39c0a43a4_o.jpg

Surrounded by lovely old oak trees, inhabited by plenty of squirrels
Spot the squirrel :D

118913908_ded7b69e44_o.jpg

With a nice Swiss chalet to keep dry and pass the time when the weather
is wet

118913906_dfd9c37513_o.jpg

There's not much to do in a place like this, no trails to ride, but it's all about chilling.....I think it's time for me to become a member of this club to do just that don't you think? I would be free to invite anyone I wish for a days braai, or a weekend camping......Nice thought