Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Western Cape Amageza qualifier 5 November (video page 6)  (Read 7943 times)

Offline GO GIRL

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Re: Western Cape Amageza qualifier 5 November
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 10:11:14 pm »
GRT pics lotsa fun and that sand .... :o :o

Looks like you guys are gonna have so much fun at the big event

well done to all of you!! :thumleft:

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
While we were trying to locate Shaun on the 1200GS to recover him we parked next to the railway, next moment the first guys were coming down back to the finish. I had to almost dive in the bushes, as stones were flying everywhere! Nutters those front runners!  ;D

We recovered 2 bikes and 1 rider, first Shaun1 when the starter on the 1100 said no more just after entering Atlantis, then Shaun on the 1200GS way back towards the start lost off the track with a burnt out clutch, and lastly Kat when he said "enough with this sand" in section 3.  ;D

For some reason I volunteered to ride the 1200 out the hoops he was stuck in, as the rider's eyes just widened when we said we're gonna tow the bike out, looks like he was expecting a trailer in the bush  ;D Everything went 100% until we had to cross the N7 to get to Zone 7. The front wheel caught the towrope while the Landie was in the right lane and me in the left, and down she went, with cars coming  :o Luckily they had ample time to stop, and we then rather pushed the bike across.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Pleco

• Interesting experiences in the DRC
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • What happened to the rest?
    • Bekker
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 11:19:29 pm »
While we were trying to locate Shaun on the 1200GS to recover him we parked next to the railway, next moment the first guys were coming down back to the finish. I had to almost dive in the bushes, as stones were flying everywhere! Nutters those front runners!  ;D

For some reason I volunteered to ride the 1200 out the hoops he was stuck in, as the rider's eyes just widened when we said we're gonna tow the bike out, looks like he was expecting a trailer in the bush  ;D Everything went 100% until we had to cross the N7 to get to Zone 7. The front wheel caught the towrope while the Landie was in the right lane and me in the left, and down she went, with cars coming  :o Luckily they had ample time to stop, and we then rather pushed the bike across.

There goes my only possessions!  :pot:
HP2 HPN Smile generator
(Sold)BMW 1200GS. (Old bike, Old rider, New engine)
(Sold)Kawasaki: The art of arriving! 
If you have to watch the road more than the scenery, then you are riding too fast!

Offline Legadema

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 07:22:22 am »
Before I start reading this report.

Thanks to Kamanya, who stops directly after my fall. To Andy Snafu and Sprocketbek who were with me in 5min, and help me to CP 3. Nic, thanks for taking my bike to KTM CT. For FC for phoning the ambulance WTF. Sorry FC, maar ek het ook in een stadium gedink die enkel is gebreek.

My enkel is ok, net moerse geswel, maar ek het self vanoggend werk toe gery, so din k ek sal binne n week of twee weer kan ry as my bike reg is.

THANKS, THANKS THANKS !!!

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 07:31:35 am »
Sterkte Bob

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline weskus

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Vrek gewerk!!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 07:45:25 am »
Nice pics, julle maak my senuwees op kÍrels, hoop daai enkel is somme gou weer 100% Bobsie..
PS: Ek het darem gedink dit sal nie lank wees voor daai kierie nodig gaan wees nie :peepwall:
Vorige scooters : Suzuki TS 185, Honda CD 200, Suzuki PE 250, Kawasaki Z650, Yamaha 495 IT, Kawasaki KLX 300, BMW F 650 GS Dakar, BMW F 800 GS, KDX200, KTM300, Suzuki GSXR1000, Honda CD200, KTM 1290 Superduke (stukkend geval) tans KTM 990 Adv - toer,  KTM 300 XCW- funrides,Honda Z50 Monkeybike(projek), Honda ST70 Dax,Honda S110 Benly, Honda C110 trail, Yamaha RS125, Honda CX500 Custom - bar toe..

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 07:46:10 am »
Great news, Legadema.  Your dismount didn't look pretty!

Offline Rickus

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 08:05:05 am »
Shjoe....I am very jealous I would have loved to join this one...maybe next year :ricky:

OMVAL EN OPTEL.....

Offline Sir Rat

• So it begins.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Sir Sir Sir
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2011, 08:39:37 am »
Thanks to KK and his team for a great event qualifier.  KK you are well on your way to the end goal you want for this event. Well done.  :thumleft:

It was great to ride with some really good endero riders in this race qualifier. Fun fun fun!!!    :)

A big thanks to Dave for letting me ride his awesome XR650R on the day.   :thumleft:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:44:28 am by R-O-V-Rat »

Offline Pleco

• Interesting experiences in the DRC
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • What happened to the rest?
    • Bekker
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2011, 08:53:16 am »
Thanks to KK and his team for a great event qualifier.  KK you are well on your way to the end goal you want for this event. Well done.  :thumleft:

It was great to ride with some really good endero riders in this race qualifier. Fun fun fun!!!    :)

A big thanks to Dave for letting me ride his awesome XR650R on the day.   :thumleft:

Just a niggling question. How did you end up in front out of Atlantis?  :o. I am sure there were a few guys in front of you going in.
HP2 HPN Smile generator
(Sold)BMW 1200GS. (Old bike, Old rider, New engine)
(Sold)Kawasaki: The art of arriving! 
If you have to watch the road more than the scenery, then you are riding too fast!

Offline Sir Rat

• So it begins.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • Sir Sir Sir
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 09:11:48 am »

Just a niggling question. How did you end up in front out of Atlantis?  :o. I am sure there were a few guys in front of you going in.

Nope. I went in first and came out first. I was caught by Gideon on his 690 close to the 3rd check point. He started one min after me before Atlantis section. Three of us that gave the marshals a run for there money as they didn't make it to the second check point in time.  ;D

Offline ROOST

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
  • YOU HAVE JUST BEEN ROOSTED
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24:31 am »
It felt great to be a part of such an awesome event!

Big up to KK, Leftless and FC and everybody not metioned for making this event possible!!!

Five words... AMAGEZA is gonna be HUGE!!!

Alex, your dream is alive and growing!!! Dont stop dreaming! :thumleft:

Also thanks to the media for upping the marketing of the AMAGEZA! We want the whole world to know about this event... well i do!! :mwink:

i know you loved the entertaiment i provided when i wiped out right in front of you, i also know you guys felt REALLY bad when couldnt help me! :biggrin: Leftelss and the crew there just turned their backs on me, shame on you guys!!!:imaposer:

Legadema, hoop daai enkel raak gou gesond! :thumleft:

1.KTM 950 Adventure S
2.KTM 950 Adventure S
3.KTM 990 Adventure S
4.KTM 1190 Adventure R
5.KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

Offline MrBig

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 09:42:44 am »
What a great day and what a great ride!
Thanks to all who worked so hard to make everything happen.  :thumleft:

As for the ride itself..what a blast!
For some of us who ride sandy tracks often it wasn't necessarily harder than usual except for the pesky navigation thing.  ;D
I found it impossible to see my GPS when standing and had to crouch or sit to check the track - sometimes with near near horrifying consequences. ;D
Also 'lost' my riding buddy near the entrance to Atlantis due to a communication error - erm sorry Newguy.

Pity we didn't at least take a short hop through the open dunes if for nothing else but be able to appreciate the beauty of the area.

"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline wayneh

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BSA (all models)
    • South Africa's dual-sport motorcycle rally
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:00 am »

R-O-V-Rat, you were seriously 'in the zone' on Sat.  >:D
Well done, Boet.

Offline fat b

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • BMW R 1150 GS ADVENTURE
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:13 am »
Gripping stuff !  :thumleft: W :thumleft:hy r I so kak ?

THE CHALLENGE MAY NOT BE EASY , BUT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME !

MOSSEL BAY

Offline Motties

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Was Darksider
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 09:51:06 am »
Absolutely stunning photos!! Thanks for sharing
'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline g1_

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 09:59:51 am »
Some of you guys are definitely crazy.

At one point I was filming from a bush on the outside of a right hander. I think it was Legadema, who decided to loose control a little bit, exit the track, go the wrong way round me and my camera and re-enter the track on the other side of the bush.

I also have Tau riding like a mad man in a couple of shots. I think if anyone can keep up that pace for 1100km without wiping out big time would have to be a demi-God.

When you've got one eye closed and the other peering into a view finder, it's very difficult to judge distance and speed, which leads to some hairy moments.

Thanks to all those that obliged with interviews.

Offline YamaV

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 10:05:55 am »
Some of you guys are definitely crazy.

At one point I was filming from a bush on the outside of a right hander. I think it was Legadema, who decided to loose control a little bit, exit the track, go the wrong way round me and my camera and re-enter the track on the other side of the bush.

I also have Tau riding like a mad man in a couple of shots. I think if anyone can keep up that pace for 1100km without wiping out big time would have to be a demi-God.

When you've got one eye closed and the other peering into a view finder, it's very difficult to judge distance and speed, which leads to some hairy moments.

Thanks to all those that obliged with interviews.

Congratulations, you passed the Amageza test  :o

Well done guys! Awesome footage!

Offline Sprocketbek

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 10:10:18 am »
i know you loved the entertaiment i provided when i wiped out right in front of you, i also know you guys felt REALLY bad when couldnt help me! :biggrin: Leftelss and the crew there just turned their backs on me, shame on you guys!!!:imaposer:

;D ;D ;D

Pics by Pure Orange:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:16:13 am by Sprocketbek »
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots." - Umberto Eco, 2012

Offline KAT-WP

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16:39 am »
SB & PO, u guys have taken sum FANTASTIC photos!!!!!!

Well done guys for riding Amageza  ;)

And Legadema, hope ur not too sore today - u must ride slower ;D  ( i didnt say that.....)