Close calls/incidents/accidents due to riding above speed limit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were most of your past close calls/incidents/accidents due to riding at speeds above speed limit?

• Yes

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 85.3%

• Total voters

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I know..maybe tedious because I'm hammering the speed thing, but I'm thinking we have to learn from mistakes, and if learning from someone else's mistake - the better. The general consensus out there is that riding fast/over the speed limit is more dangerous than keeping to it. What is the experience or reality though? I've heard a statistic that by far most incidents on bikes happen close to home when your going to the grocery store or something...at low speed. I hope this brings some insight. Please note that I am not trying to give grounds for breaking the speed limit. Not at all. This can be informative. BTW think bike has some nice threads like one called "learning curve" where past incidents/accidents are analysed. I for one do not want my wife and future children (if it pans out like that) to be without a husband/father due to some motor bike accident. All agreed such accidents are VERY SAD. Let's learn and be as safe as possible