Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Must see in Namibia?  (Read 734 times)

Offline McFarlen

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
Must see in Namibia?
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:25:11 pm »
Hi Guys.

I am making a solo trip from Mozambique to Namibia in December on my KLR (a Coast 2 Coast trip).  I am entering Namibia at Ngoma bridge then riding along the Caprivi strip to Rundu and down to Henties bay driving as much dirt roads as possible of course ;)

I would like to know of any places of interest that stood out in other bikers travels riding around Namibia.  Are there any recommended "must sees"?  And if you have the GPS coordinates it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

McFarlen
Success begets Success

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: Must see in Namibia?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »
From the direction where you coming from go see where the meteorite feel at Grootfontein.
From Otavi go to Outjo(dirt) and then Khorixas and then the Brandberge and then Sptitzkoppe before Hentiesbay.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Road Hog

• Member No. 6196
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Walvis Bay
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:27:46 pm »
Which dates will you be in Namibia? I am going the opposite direction over 5 - 24 December. Walvis Bay, Henties, Uis, Twyfelfontein, Palmwag, Sesfontein, Opuwa, Epupa, Okahao, Eenhana, Rundu, Katima, Livingstone, Katima, Rundu, Grootfontein, Hoba (Meteor site), Omaruru and back to Walvis Bay. Hope to see you on the road.
2009 KTM 990 Adventure
2011 Honda XR650L

If you think you can, you're right.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Offline McFarlen

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:06:57 am »
Thank you ChrisL I will check it out.

Road Hog I want to enter Namibia between the 12 and the 14th of Dec.  I hope to be in Hentiesbay area around the 15th of Dec. Then spend a week or so exploring.  Would be nice to meet up and have a beer or two.  How do you guys normally organize  a meetup in a different country?
Success begets Success

Offline Pote

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:08:57 am »
I hope you do get to see a lot of things as long is seeing your gat is not one of them, have a nice trip  :thumleft:

Offline Camino Cerdo

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:09:21 pm »
I found this thread when checking out Namibia "http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=69245.0"  has some really good info.  Have not decided if we will be ready to head for the dirt in this area or be staying more to tar.  We (wife and I on R1200 GSA) will be in area about Christmas if all goes according to plan, (which it never does).

Bob  :ricky:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but  rather a slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body totally worn out and screaming "Woo Hoo what a ride"