Existing Calendar Is Pollitically Offensive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durbandave

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I received my official notification from Department Of Transport in my PO Box on Saturday 30th June 2007. The letter is postmarked Tuesday 26th June 2007..................okay. so the post office can now get a letter from Bloemfontein to Durban in under a week now..................big progress.................... :)

So, this notification is to warn me that my existing credit card type licence will expire Wednesday 25th April 2007 and that I am "Herewith notofied to apply for the new driving licence card as soon as possible"...........

I obviously have an old SA calendar where June follows two months after April. I know there is renaming and re-shuffeling going on all over the place, but I did not realise that the old "apartheid" calendar had been changed and that is is pollitically offensive to have June two months after April................  ;)

As I have to have my licence for work purposes, I already got the new one sorted in January this year. I collected it 24th February 2007. I got a notice 4th May to tell me my licence has arrived and that I must come and collect it....................if I had the time to waste, I was going to take the Notice To Collect with me and go down there and demand my licence and then kick up a big fuss when they couldnt find it in their drawers........