ABS Servo assisted Brakes explanation required

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murdoch

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I have the 2006 GSA ABS with less than 26K on the clock, I have owned the bike for a month and have had endless problems with the brakes.

I have complained to the bike shop that sold me the bike but always end up getting told the same bullshit.

Unfortuneately i had a off last weekend whilst trying to find what the problem was and why the ABS was not resetting itself as it is supposed to. The bike shop changed the brake flujid but that also did not help. Was told then that the problem must be the servo pump, yeah right. When got home, I sprayed the ABS sensors with a switch spray and moved the right hand protector away from the brake lever, started her up and walla, ABS reset and servo's clicking in when brakes applied.

Last weekend, climbed on bike, started but didn't notice that the ABS light was flashing as i thought that this problem had been solved. Driving slowly, I looked to see if the hand protector had perhaps moved again but looked okay. I tried the brakes but had none basically as the servo's were not working either. Had the off which as you can realise pissed me off with everyone i had spoken to about the brakes but no one seemed to understand what the problem was.

Very dissapointed as the bike has spent more time in the shop than on the road and I'm expecting the phone call on Monday to tell me that he problem is the servo pump. Any  legal advice with this one, if this is the case then the bike shop sold me the bike with faulty brakes or perhaps the previous owner new about it and well all the permutations continue.

So if the ABS packs up, I should still have servo assisted brakes, but i don't i have to tramp my arse off and its dangerous.

Any advice thanks before I suffer some serious damage to bike and myself.