Greyhound annual Lesotho trip 2011 (new route)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throttle jockey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
I have decided to start the RR before we leave. This one is going to be a wopper. It looks like it is going to rain most of the days I hope we cope. I have given up trying to count how many named and unnamed passes we will traverse. But first lets say who's going. This is the list of people that have put there trust in me for a week I hope it pans out.

1.Edgy
2.Throttle Jockey
3.Big Dom
4.Great Dane
5.Mattsa
6.Milk Man
7.Ginger Ninja
8.Derrick Jacobs
9.Kevin Christy
10.Noxious
11.Algie
12.Craig Wylie (all the way from OZ)
13.Lancesa
14.Gary Sparrow
15.Mike Weeks
16.Gleninc (For two days)
17.Conrad Ramsay (For two days)

Date of departure 19th of November returning 27 November.

Now the route.

Saturday 19th Depart Grahamstown at 5am going via Katberg pass and Devils bellows to Queenstown LanceSA will meet us there. Then on tar to Elliot were Conrad and Glen will meet us. from Elliot we will be going via Gatberg and Bastervoetslaanpad to Rhodes to overnight at Walkabouts.

Sunday 20th Depart Rhodes early with throbbing heads up to Tiffindale then right via the border patrol route to Naude's neck then down the neck to the lower Pitseng pass and on to Matatiele. Via the Swartberg road to Hiemville. Overnight at the Arms.

Monday 21st Up Sani then via the Black Mountain road to Mokhotlong. Then north to the Village Chief road and on to Katse via Village chief road.

Tuesday 22nd Follow the Eastern bank of Katse dam then right via the Kao mine road to the A1 then north out of Lesotho to the Old mill route and on to Clarence.

Wednesday 23rd Do the Old mill route in reverse then back into Lesotho and down to Ramabantla.

From Wednesday we will spend our time at Ramabantla Trading post at leasure and enjoy to Roof of Africa as spectators. Leaving on Sunday the 27th back home via Wepener.

It promises to be a great trip most of it some of us have done before but every time the weather has been great but this time the weather may not play its part as rain has been promised for every day except Wednesday. Time will tell if this will play a part in our trip. Its going to be fun.

If anyone is at our overnight spots come and have a beer.

The rest of the RR will start to be posted from Monday the 28th of November.

Some pictures of last years trip as a teaser

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 952
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 947
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 941
  • D.JPG