Mooiplaats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Never got around to post this ride of mine. Friday afternoon and I decided some riding would be a great way to kick off the weekend :D As usual I headed of to the east of PTA looking for some maplotter roads.

Riding along the Boschkop road I came across this gumboot used as a sign, only in Africa :lol:

DSCF5049.jpg

Riding towards the Mooiplaats turnoff I kept my eyes open for some tracks to explore and came across this one to my left.

DSCF5050.jpg

Unfortunetly it ended at a locked gate but it was worth a try, there are some nice trails running into the hills but I think they are all situated on some farms although there are no gates. I arrived at the turnoff and the Z was ready and willing to ride some dirt !

DSCF5052.jpg

The road was scraped recently and it was almost as good as a tar road, a bit boring but hey what can you do :?

DSCF5053.jpg

Just before the trail that Journeyman and co. did I found a little trail running into the veld ....

DSCF5054.jpg

two track at first .....

DSCF5055.jpg

Which turned into a fun little singletrack ...

DSCF5057.jpg

DSCF5059.jpg

Some of the scenery around Mooiplaats, man it seems the sun has permanently left Gauteng !

DSCF5058.jpg

After a couple of km's the trail ended before a farmers gate so I turned around and headed back to the main trail and took another picture at the top before the T junction takes you to Donkerhoek.

DSCF5060.jpg

One last pic before I took the old Bronkhorstpruit road back to PTA.

DSCF5063.jpg

A fun ride but I'm getting tired of these roads, soon I'm heading east and I'm not talking about PTA east. Mpumalanga here I come :study: :thumbright: