New Tool Bag (610)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
The original tool bag had disintergrated to the point that it was more duct tape than bag, and that was falling apart as well.

So after seeing contact details of Tertia of Core Apparel recommended by Ganjora I asked her to make me a bag of own design.

After much discussion and a few changes this is what she made me
P1010331.JPG

Over time I have accumulated what are the "right" tools for the bike - I can do most work on the bike entirely with those tools.  Not many of these are the tools that came with the bike, most are new.

I gave some of the original tools to some black guys changing a clutch on a bakkie on  the side of the road outside Opuwa in Namibia in 40C with what looked like a pair of pliers and a hammer!

When Tertia saw all the tools I was carrying in my old bag she asked me if I break down a lot   :biggrin: :p  I spluttered a bit and and just carried on with the explanation of my design.  (How does one explain that when bored on a Saturday morning I often end up browsing the tool section of Makro or BuildersWarehouse for any neat new stuff?  I'm a tool geek what can I say!)

But anyway she did a great job!

P1010330.JPG

They fit in the bag well, as they should seeing as I designed it specifically for them!

P1010329.JPG

And they fit onto the bike into the available space much better than the old bag.

Plus the new bag is 1000 dernier nylon so it shouldnt disintegrate the way the old one did.

Quite reasonably priced in the end as well!  Not dirt cheap but seeing as it was custom made for me by someone that knows what they are doing, quite cheap!