How to kill a twitchy throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
I solved the stalling issue through fitting an Accellerator Module. The literature said it would cure the twitchy throttle as well. I did not believe it, as it was a function of mapping progression, rather than mixture leaness. And it in fact did nothing for the funky throttle.

So, as I was in Cape Town for business, I went to the KTM dealer to see if they had a G2 Cam throttle system. They did in fact (it was just the KTM branded version). However, the youngster at parts asked why I wanted that 1 as they had a KTM progressive throttle tube at a 1/4 of the price.

Part number 69002021100 gets you a plastic orange throttle tube with 2 grips in the pack. The cam profile looks like the 400 profile from G2. It appears it was made for the RC8. Price was around R400 odd.

Fitment was 10 minutes and now I can even use map 2 (advanced) on technical terrain. I went back to map 3 (std) after proving to myself that I was now an advanced KTM rider ;D